Banned
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good for the sport and for fans. :worship: :hearts: :D
Now lets see if there is a Williams in the final ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: Just a minute I want do a couple of back flips...OK...NO WAY is Serena going to make the final....if Amelie doesn't beat her Justine will!!AHHHHH finally a Williams free zone. :angel:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hope it will be a Kim Clijsters - Amelie Mauresmo!!!
COME ON KIMMIE!!!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yeah!!! Way To Go Vera!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Its pretty sad that you have a thread to cheer against players..Im glad Vera beat Venus too..but why not celebrate her win and not Venus losing!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Dokic#1 said:
Its pretty sad that you have a thread to cheer against players..Im glad Vera beat Venus too..but why not celebrate her win and not Venus losing!
It's quite pathetic, huh??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
439 Posts
this is very pathetic!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i really hope serena wins this thing,you don't need and all-williams final to have a williams win!!! :worship:

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 booooring slam finals in a row so why is it pathetic that we cheer when we don´t get a fifth in a row :confused:

·
Registered
439 Posts
instead of cheering vera's win your cheering venus's loss,thats what makes this thread pathetic!!
do you really think that people are just going to leave it at a simple no williams final,NO!! they will see it as a reason to come in here and bash serena and venus for absolutely no reason,it's already started with gopher,what the heck does serena have to do with venus's loss,absolutely nothing but yet she is in here being bashed for supporting sister!!!
thats why this thread was a bad idea!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Let me see if I get this correct: This isn't a thread cheering FOR a player. It's a thread to root AGAINST players? Am I correct?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Pureracket said:
Let me see if I get this correct: This isn't a thread cheering FOR a player. It's a thread to root AGAINST players? Am I correct?
it's not really one or the other,it's a thread for those people who are happy that venus lost,i guess you can indirectly call it a cheering thread against venus since she is the sister who lost!!

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
i'm happy for vera winnning not venus losing BUT
it's good for me because i will FINALLY have someone to cheer for in a GS final either kim amelie vera chanda or nadia

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheeky said:
it's not really one or the other,it's a thread for those people who are happy that venus lost,i guess you can indirectly call it a cheering thread against venus since she is the sister who lost!!
Yes it is cheering thread against a player. But mainly cheering thread for tennis. As we "the fans of other players" get to see a slam final after missing 4 latest. So read it as you like. I´m really thrilled that we are in a position when next Saturday is something to look forward !

·
Registered
439 Posts
korben said:
Yes it is cheering thread against a player. But mainly cheering thread for tennis. As we "the fans of other players" get to see a slam final after missing 4 latest. So read it as you like. I´m really thrilled that we are in a position when next Saturday is something to look forward !
will you still be happy if serena is the one holding the trophy

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,283 Posts
thanks Vera. :D :worship:

I just wanted no more all Williams-final. If Serena wins RoGa03: ok then.

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheeky said:
will you still be happy if serena is the one holding the trophy
Well.... no as I´m not a fan ;)

That question can be turned so that if you´re Serena supporter wouldn´t it be better that she beats Kim rather than Venus in the final. :confused: (ie. at AO, which was better match semi or the final....)

·
Registered
439 Posts
actually i did not watch either match fully,but i just don't understand why you can't just cheer on the person you want to win.
as i said earlier the main reason why i do not like this thread is because it will create alot of negativity between board members!
those who are fans are not fans of venus and serena will see fit to come in here and bash them for no apparent reason( i.e gopher) and those who are fans will come in here and defend them to the hilts!!!
those are my main arguments against this thread,i have no trouble with you wanting others in the finals,but the way you presented yourself with this thread leaves much to be desired!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts