Tennis Forum banner

Who would be No 1 player if everyone was uninjured and played at their best?

• Lindsay Davenport

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Amelie Mauresmo

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Maria Sharapova

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Serena Williams

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • Elena Dementieva

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Justine Henin-Hardenne

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Kim Clijsters

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Venus Williams

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • Others (Molik, Kuznetsova, etc.)

Votes: 6 3.8%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's imagine that all the players are in their best form. Who do you think would be #1 in that case?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Maria at her best can pretty well take on anyone at their best. Kim Serena and Justine are pretty hot on their day too. But I'll stick with Maria to make it to No. 1.

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I made the same mistake as Venus+Serena#1fan.

Kim is right now but at all their peaks it is either Serena or Henin-Hardenne.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Venus or Serena have the least glaring weaknesses when playing thier best

Sharapova was double bagelled,,,when she was in form...she was off her game in that match but was also pushed off her game during the match...she's dq'd.

Kim is doing great but has had trouble beating anyone named Williams

Lindsay is killer when her serve and returns are allowing her to step into the court for that first strike, but is vulnerable when you get it back and put her on the run.

Amelie? LOL
Justine, is good, but can't touch Williams on anything but clay. If she can when will she prove it?

Dementiava? Eight month layoff still receives two breadsticks in a major final...

Molik...too slow...and backhand to easy to compromise

·
Banned
11,011 Posts
a serious Q...but Maria has never been number one so i'd like to know why you think she'd be #1 at her best? surely it would have made more sense for the poll to have been made up of players who've actually held that spot. :confused:

btw you should have just done a "who's your favourite player in this poll?" thread. would have been easier. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Venus or Serena have the least glaring weaknesses when playing thier best
..................... QUOTE]

Sorry but Venus had some very glaring weaknesses even playing her best : Forehand and second serve.
Some of her forehands against Sharapova were really all bu pretty.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
SJW said:
a serious Q...but Maria has never been number one so i'd like to know why you think she'd be #1 at her best? surely it would have made more sense for the poll to have been made up of players who've actually held that spot. :confused:

btw you should have just done a "who's your favourite player in this poll?" thread. would have been easier. :)
I reckon Maria has far more potenial and she does hold the #1 ranking so far this yr.

If we were talking aout the Men, I would not vote for Henman tho he's my fave, I'd vote for Federer. But it's so much closer in the WTA that everyone's fave in their eyes will be naturally in the #1 spot if they play their best.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I think it would either be Justine or Serena

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
They're all fantabulous! :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.