Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She said that herself in an interview to a Russian newspaper. She's been residing in Portugal for 4 years where she trains with some local coach and since her rating is not high enough to play for Russia, she wants to represent Portugal and is waiting for an invitation.

If that is to happen she will be #1 ranked player in Portugal :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
She would be a nice addition. :bounce:

I wonder what Russian tennis will look like when the next generation rises. :lol:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Is she any good? Either way, she must be better than what we have here by far...

Nice to see someone wants to represent my country.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
I'm just concerned that some many Russians are leaving the country. Wasn't Regina supposed to play for Italy? And then with the Kazakhstan poaching...
Is she any good? Either way, she must be better than what we have here by far...

Nice to see someone wants to represent my country.
Nina seems to be one of those players who gets better as she gets older. She's been around the Top 150 for a couple of years. After the AO, she'll be Top 100. She's great on the ITF circuit; consistent.

·
32,695 Posts
This is actually great and surprising news :eek: I knew she was coached by a portuguese but never thought she would like to play for Portugal, would be a great addition to Portugal :D

Probably she will marry her coach and play as Nina Pereira. :yeah:

·
Premium Member
105,142 Posts
Her residence is in Portugal according to WTA website so it isn't that unexpected. Should be fun if she can represent Portugal :lol:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Our new national #1 :dance:

All we need now is one of the top 10 girls to play for us and we are all set :hearts:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I'm just concerned that some many Russians are leaving the country. Wasn't Regina supposed to play for Italy? And then with the Kazakhstan poaching...
:woohoo:

Regina was born in Kazakstan btw :p She and Likhovtseva are two Kazakstani players who switched to Russian nationality :p So, we are even! Oh, wait, we got Pervak recently :eek:h: -1 then ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do Russian women have any sense of patriotism?
of course. but they also have to think about their own careers as well.

it must be hard being from a country which has a lot of highly ranked players when you see lower ranked players from other countries getting more opportunities.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
of course. but they also have to think about their own careers as well.

it must be hard being from a country which has a lot of highly ranked players when you see lower ranked players from other countries getting more opportunities.

that's an issue at the moment, but they should try to remain up-and-coming ones like Pervak. She is not great, but so far one of the best of the younger generation.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts