Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of an article:

Harkleroad, a runner-up in the juniors at Roland Garros last year, is ranked 52nd -- tops among U.S. teenagers. She has drawn comparisons to Anna Kournikova, and her matchup with the equally photogenic Hantuchova attracted a crowd of cheering youngsters who made Court 1 sound like a schoolyard playground.

The two blond opponents appeared almost identical because they wore matching powder-blue outfits -- to their dismay.

"It's a nice color,'' Hantuchova said with a rueful smile. "But I don't think it's good when both of us are wearing the same thing.''

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
she couldnt be more right..nike has representatives at the slams...they should have sometype of coordination...this was a great opportunity for them to showcase two diff designs...

I cant believe that one of them didnt go and change once they saw each other in the locker room

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
well finally someone speaks out about this. it's getting really annoying that i just LMAO all the time. Nike's outfit for the 2004 season will be the exact same, they'll just add one more mesh stripe somewhere and probably do it in a different color. don't expect some shockers from nike

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I watched the tape of this match and she is so right. It looked like there was two clones out there playing each other ...

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I can only imagine that some people on this board are only interested in what a player is wearing because they look nothing alike and am stunned that some of you were confused on who was who :confused:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
here is in defense on nike, they supply the close not the player. so the players need to be the ones negotiating who is going to where what, and when they wanna where it. that is very understandable fo some to try and come in and nag on Nike for having two players out there with the same outfit. But hell, you know how many of those outfits are out there right now? two just ended up on the same court. but its their job to get the outfits out there to be seen an worn, not their job to tell who and what and when and what time the outfit needs to be worn and put on display to the public.

Again remember this, Nike makes the close, distriubtes the clothes. They can have 10 representatives out there, but that has nothing to do with what the players are going to where and when :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
well, if you only give your players two designs to wear: the yellow and the blue one and everybody decides to wear blue, what can be done? I'm sure the players don't know what the other one is going to wear until they get out in the tunnel. by then, it's rather silly to say 'can you postpone the match because we're like wearing the same outfit or some junk?'

nike should make more designs for their athletes but it's my opinion that they want to make them look like clones. the more people wearing the same outfit will unconciously make people think 'wow, all these players are wearing this same outfit, it must really be cool. I need to go out and get one.' At least that's what they're hoping for but methinks it's backfiring on them... especially when one of their top players complains.

I think the clone thing is more successful with the men's line because guys don't care. I don't get the racing stripe down the side but um, alrighty then. I do like James' powder blue outfit. :drool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts