Tennis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
20,243 Posts
Nicole :sad:

Disappointing, but she gave it her all and it just wasn't to be! Congrats to Ai though :)

Here is a snippet of what Nic had to say after the match....

Pratt got the early jump, keeping the ball deep and without pace.

“In the beginning the ball was soft and slow,” Sugiyama said. “I was making a lot of errors. I had to work every single point, every single shot. Then I played a long rally and got a rhythm.”

Sugiyama changed her game a little, including making a few forays to the net to keep the pressure on Pratt. She also ran the Australian from side to side, probing for an opening.

But Pratt kept running everything down, forcing Sugiyama to hit yet another ball. “I’m pretty tired,” Pratt said. “It was a pretty intense match and I was doing a lot of running.

“I’m disappointed I lost, but I’m happy with the effort I put out. I pretty much left it all out there.”

In the fourth round, Sugiyama will take on No. 29 Francesca Schiavone of Italy, a 7-5, 7-6 (9) winner over Tina Pisnik of the Slovak Republic.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.