Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF was that??? you don't announce that your going to show the trophy presentation and then pull this!
typical espn crap when its not an american winning.
no way would they have cut off Venus.

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Ballin.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I didn't understand that. They could've shown her entire speech AND had time to show the conclusion of the semifinal match if they wanted to.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
yeah, i thought that was pretty shitty, not gonna lie

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
i was like HELLOOOOOOOO ?.. but i already had goosebumps as she lifted the trophy. but really this was pretty inpolite of them.

maybe they didn't like showing someone from serbia talk ? no offense. i wouldn't know, but it's a possibility.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Yeah, what the hell was up with that?

·
Premium Member
10,712 Posts
Yup, a real crap job done by ESPN II. And those incessant advertisements for upcoming events during the matches are worthless distractions from the tennis.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yup, a real crap job done by ESPN II. And those incessant advertisements for upcoming events during the matches are worthless distractions from the tennis.
That's ESPN for you in general though. and the annoying sports ticker noise, I promise you that thing has scared me more times than not.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
that's how I imagine them....

Staff of Espn2: Ok, ok... She's lifted the trophy and said something I didn't quite hear... CUT!!! Finally we can go gome.

Staff of Eurosport:
A: Hihihihi watcha think? Are they still believing that we'll show the ceremony after the match?
B: I bet they are, hehe.
A: Muahahahah. We're so evil.
B: Fuck we've left the microphones on.
A: Yeah, but we're not commentators.
B: Oh, ok. You're right.
A: There that woman in the white dress won.
B: Really? Interesting.
A: Whateva... CUT!

·
Registered
459 Posts
umm im sorry but a borin ass final n a borin ass presentation im sure half of america only would of known venus n would of stayed watchin if a williams sister was there

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
they did the same thing with daniela in indian wells :shrug:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
*DEATHNESS* :lol: That's really messed up. Doubt they would've done it if an American won :rolleyes::eek: ... And yes, I'm American :eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Some of your responses here are bs, and Jelena is a great personality. I was disappointed also. But you know, maybe they didn't because of the weather. I'm just ending it with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts