Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any hockey fans out there? I know it's the day before the Olympic break, so a thread on the NHL maybe isnt' that appropriate, but I had to anyways!
I am a huge Canucks' fan, and I'm so happy that they've finally turned it on since Christmas and played like they should. They played Boston tonight, and it was an awesome game, lots of flow and end to end action, and great goaltending. But dammit, the Bruins won 2-1 in OT. ;)
Who's your favourite team, and who do you think is going to take home the Cup this year?
I'm going to say the Av's take it, they're such a clutch team, and I think the Flyers could get into the final. The Red Wings are a great team, but I think the condensed season, the Olympics, and their age is going to catch up with them. What do you all think?
:wavey:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Hi Mitch,

I am a very big Red Wings fan ever since '96.
So no suprise to say that I believe they will win the Stanley cup this year.
It has to be this or the next year that they win and after that they really need some new young players.
I see the Avs as the biggest treath(as always) even without Forsberg.

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
big red wings fan...i think they could win it...ofcourse they could always win it...and it'll suck so much if they lose again early! i think colorado and new jersey could take it too....

fave player is sergei fedorov...

sigh....the things i do for anna....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Well New Jersey is doing not too well at this moment.
Philly is also a contender, I'm glad they got rid of Lindros, coz they were damn close even without him last year.
Last year the Wings lost coz Yzerman and Shanahan were injured!:mad:
Anyway Sergei is my favorite player also, but that has nothing to do with Anna.
I am glad for him he has such a hot girlfriend!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
NHL STANDINGS

Eastern Conference
GP PTS
1 Philadelphia 57-75
2 Boston 59-75
3 Carolina 61-64
4 Toronto 58-71
5 Ottawa 58-69
6 NY Islanders 57-67
7 New Jersey 58-62
8 NY Rangers 58-61

9Montreal 58-59
10 Washington 59-56
11 Buffalo 57-54
12 Pittsburgh 58-54
13 Tampa Bay 58-48
14 Florida 58-42
15Atlanta 59-39

Western Conference
GP PTS
1 Detroit 59-88
2 Colorado 59-71
3 San Jose 57-70
4 Chicago 59-73
5 St. Louis 57-71
6 Los Angeles 57-64
7 Edmonton 61-64
8 Vancouver 60-63

9 Dallas 56-61
10 Phoenix 58-61
11 Calgary 57-57
12Nashville 58-56
13 Minnesota 59-51
14 Anaheim 60-49
15 Columbus 58-40

Washington is such a dissapointment this season, if they dont do better, Carolina get 3rd by just a couple games above .500!!

Red Wings are 15 points ahead of Chicago!:D

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
good thing they have that lead....i hope it serves as a cushion for when they get thrown to a lot of road games at the end of the season...

as for the devils...they're always a threat for me....it's gonna take some explaining to do though....

do you think the western conference has so much more depth than the eastern, that it's already an advantage for anyone coming from the eastern side come the play-offs? since the teams from the western (col, det) always seem banged up to me when they reach the later parts of the play-offs....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
The Devils are a bit strange, yes.
They have been #1 in the East in the past only to crash out in the 1st round!
But they should be one of the NHL's top teams.

I dont know, in the last years the West almost every time takes the title!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts