Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mary will play next week too....She has entered in the qualies (start tomorrow) but I am pretty certain that they give Maam a WC!!But if they don't (for some fu*king) reason Mary plays qualies starting tomorrow...BTW, even tough Maam lost yesterday I have to say that it could have gone other way too...In the 1st set Maam had set point and in the 2nd set breakpoint when the score was 4/5 to Lisa....So it was close match!!And Maam has lost her weight!!She looks great as always!!
I really think she did great today!!She won Top 15 player Conchi and her compatriot Razzano...And both easily!!She just have to get matches under her belt!!Allez Maam and good luck to next week!!

PS: Mary and Stubbsy should team up more often!!They are great doubles team...6/0 against Clijsters/Sugiyama isn't just accident....Mary and Stubbsy will claim up to top 30 in doubles rankings after this tourney!!BTW, what will be Maam's new singles ranking on Monday??She was in the 1st round last year in Acura and now in the 3rd round...She will claim up in singles too....Well done Mary!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mary will become around number 65 in the world. Good luck Mary in your next tournament in L.A! They should give her a wild card!!!

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Hello,

Yes you are right, Mary has lost so much weight. She looks amazing as always. I think that she has done so well.

I have to agree please stick with Stubbs !!!!!!!!! Thet can become a top 10 ranked team.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
hey Mark

Mark, where do you get all the infomation about JP Morgan??
Because they doesn't write anything about Mary och the qualies.
Thanks for all info.

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Hello Sebbe,

It was from a Thread in the Acura classic section of the site. It mentions I think that mayr has entered the quals but she might get a WC.

I will try and get the thread for you.

regards

Mark :wavey:

·
Registered
13,356 Posts
Yes Maam had a great week and some good results. You can put her loss yesterday down to lack of match practice but this could be a blessing in disguise because it wouldn't do Maam any good to get thrashed by Kim - she's not ready to take on the top girls yet but in about 3 months she should be competing very well with them. As for qualifying - I'm sure the tournament will give Maam a wild card, having to qualify for tournaments isn't really Maams style!

·
Registered
751 Posts
well...I'm so glad...and rather pleasantly suprised to see Mary doing so well, guys.... ;)

I mean...thrashing Razzanno and Conchita in str8 sets like that...it has to prove that Mary's playing well, rite? :D

emm...it's a shame that Lisa beat Mary...it was Lisa's first victory over Mary...but all their matches have been extremely close...hell, Lisa has given many top players problem with her serve and volley style of playing...so i think that the loss is not really that bad...

I wonder...how is Mary's movement in her game is doing....I don't mean to criticise Mary...but is she moving better around the court???... any comments, guys??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The field in LA is not very strong, but unfortunatly Mary is far in the ranking and she can play one of the top 5 field in the first round... However Mary seems to play a good tennis and she needs to play top player, hope that it's not gonna happened in the two first round... :bounce: :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mary got a wild card. I emailed the tournament and I asked them if Mary will play the qualies or if she will have a wild card.They answered me "maindraw". So I'm now pretty sure she got a wild card. Go Mary!!!!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,302 Posts
Does somebody've got the URL from L.A. tournement I lost it somehow !!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
YPEEEEEEEEE

Have a great time Mary

regards

Mark :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ashwu said:
great draw for mary

Chanda Rubin(USA)
BYE

Janette Husarova(SVK)
Rita Grande(ITA)

Tamarine Tanasugarn(THA)
Mary Pierce(FRA)

BYE
Francesca Schiavone(ITA)

There is Clijsters, Petrova, Farina, Dokic, Rubin, Schiavone, Daniilidou and Martinez in her part of the draw. But the field is not really strong.

A difficult first round for Mary...but she can do a very good run :bounce: :bounce: :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
nice

Mary got a good draw, and it's not impossible for her
to reach the semis agains clijsters.
It will be a tuff test against Chanda, but she isn't in her best form
for the moment.

Good luck Mary

·
Registered
751 Posts
yeah....great 1st round oponnent....Tamarine is a feisty player...very quick around the court too....

I think that this is gonna be a good test for Mary....all the best to her!!! :worship:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :worship: :D

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Best Of Luck Mary !!!!!!!!!

Have fun

Wishing you all the best

Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts