·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anna - Paris 2002 :p

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Why no Anastasia Myskina??? I think she was the last Russian to win a title. :eek:

I'll go with Elena D, if no her then Ana.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Nadia of course!;) When she gets healthy!;) But I don't mind if the others are winning them while she is injured.:)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i forgot about Anastasia :eek:

She'll have to come under the 'Other. please state. ;)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I find it strange that none of the russina bar Likhotsvea have won a singles title!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I would hope it would be Elena Dementieva or Anna Kournikova. But I think the next Russian female to win a WTA tournament will be Maria Sharapova, at Sarasota 2002. Maria also seems to have the mental toughness that Elena and Anna lack.

Who really cares who wins the next one? All that matters is for someone to get the ball rolling in the right direction. And that someone just might be Maria Sharapova.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
pffff, Maria Sharapova will lose a quick 6-0 6-1 at that tournament ;)

I think Anna and Dementieva are the most likely to win a title. I was first thinking the Snake would win one before Anna, but after seeing her play the final in Moscow I really doubt it. I wouldn't count Petrova either, she's been known to pull a surprise or two.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Annas gonna win Paris 2002 of course.:rolleyes:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,478 Posts
I think it'll be Kournikova personally, if she gets her head together in the late stages of an event...

I also wouldn't count out Tatiana Panova really...She doesn't seem as likely, but she's made a couple of finals in smaller events in the last couple of seasons so maybe she'll breakthrough and capture a small title soon.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Actually I do not mind if any of them wins first as long as at least one of them win one tournament this year like what Cat said.

My 1st choice is Petrova but since she is injured, I shall go for Elena D to win Acapulco.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts