Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who is available? Who can work on her strengths and weaknesses? Who is a definite no-no.
Her coaching history:

1. Leonard Francois (Daddy): From three years old;
2. Patrick Tauma (ISP Academy): Beginning in 2013 in the ITF Women's Circuit;
3. Harold Solomon (Harold Solomon Tennis Academy) 2014;
4. David Talyor - 2016-2017, She made the TPO final in 2016, reached no. 44, but 2017 was a horrible year, granted she had some abdominal injuries and she also managed to beat her Venus and Angie. There were so many R1 loses dropped her ranking to 72;
5. Sascha Bajin 2018 (IW, USO, AO)

Digest, dissect and discuss.

Giving GM life

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
My Dream Coach would be get this: Jason Goodall

Used to coach Jennifer Capriati back in the Day.

Unfortunately he likely is a No being on ESPN.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Darren Cahill would do her a world of good, just like he did with Simona, but he is unavailable. Then, maybe one of Pova's ex coaches? Or Patrick M?

·
Registered
81,436 Posts
Groeneveld.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
My preferred Coach would be someone who can teach her a "Transition Game".

Having to play/win every single Point from the Baseline will eventually wear her out.

She has a very good Serve and good Groundstrokes so why not follow that up into the Net and finish Points there. Of Course she has to learn to volley first.

Certainly Cahill, Goodall, Patrick M. all have the resume teaching a decent Transition Game. I'm not so sure about Groeneveld on that part.

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
Carmen Sandiego

·
Registered
13,706 Posts
Is Carlos Rodriguez still working? That would be a great pairing.

·
Registered
18,074 Posts
There is a rumour JJ took him to keep her mansion, also relaxing with him in New Mexico. :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
LOL, I've been praying for years that once Sumykruza is over (not happening), Garbiñe will hire him from whatever Henin-related project he's been doing. Last we heard he was with Hantuchova, then after that, I think working in Beijing.

My preferred Coach would be someone who can teach her a "Transition Game".

Having to play/win every single Point from the Baseline will eventually wear her out.

She has a very good Serve and good Groundstrokes so why not follow that up into the Net and finish Points there. Of Course she has to learn to volley first.

Certainly Cahill, Goodall, Patrick M. all have the resume teaching a decent Transition Game. I'm not so sure about Groeneveld on that part.
Sam Sumyk, seriously. He has his faults but he's good at this.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Will he abandon Monica after a month? Monica is one of the few players Naomi is friends with in the WTA.
Completely slipped my mind that went he with Puig...:facepalm:

My bad.

No, he obviously isn't an option right now

·
Registered
826 Posts
Will he abandon Monica after a month? Monica is one of the few players Naomi is friends with in the WTA.

I’d love to see Naomi work with Kamau. That would be an exciting pair that would do great things!

And he doesn’t have loose lips like Sascha. He doesn’t do a lot of extra talking and self promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I’d love to see Naomi work with Kamau. That would be an exciting pair that would do great things!

And he doesn’t have loose lips like Sascha. He doesn’t do a lot of extra talking and self promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure :spit:
He'll be sure to shit talk other players during OCC's, though.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts