1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
she's scheduled for RG qualies....

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
That (if Im right) means she has not played competitvly since Sarasota!!

What does she smoke and can I have some, does she seriously think she can make it to R2 (thats what she has to defend) of RG, having not played for nearly 2 months!!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Who's knows what Mirjana is doing these days? I don't think she's been playing Challengers recently (which she should be!), and I am also worried about how well she will do at RG. I still think she is one of the hardest hitters and I hope she comes back firing. I miss her so much!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
She could drop about 50 places for loss of those points at RG!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Yep a fall of about 50 places would be expected, she has 58 points to defend.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Im not saying she wont, but it will be tough. I think she can qualify if I know Jana, she can turn it on for the big events. But even then she would only get 26 points back. I think she should play challengers more thats all Im saying.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
A thread on Mirjana Lucic is always guaranteed to bring out Stefficagreles...

Personally I think Mirjana is doing herself no favours by not playing challengers and just waiting for wildcards or direct entry into WTA events. She needs to play, play, play. :)

·
7,996 Posts
Mark Newman said:

Personally I think Mirjana is doing herself no favours by not playing challengers and just waiting for wildcards or direct entry into WTA events. She needs to play, play, play. :)

agreed! :p

·
7,996 Posts
I've seen in other threads that she is supposedly training at one of those Florida places (either Saddlebrook or Nick's I can't remember which...)

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Mark Newman said:

:)
Agreed, too!

I simply cannot believe that a girl who has achieved so little is still being talked about 4 years later when she shows NO sign of even wanting to reach where she once seemed destined to be.

She's done absolutely nothing to warrant such support, and I cannot think of one player more frustrating in the entire history of women's tennis.

I gave up on her around 2001 - and it was long overdue by then!

The bottom line is, Mirjana has NEVER wanted to be a top player. So that's why it seems so ludicrous to me that all these years later there are STILL people hoping for miracles.

Miracles can only happen if the player wills them to happen. Mirjana Lucic gave up long before I did.

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steffica Greles said:
Agreed, too!

I simply cannot believe that a girl who has achieved so little is still being talked about 4 years later when she shows NO sign of even wanting to reach where she once seemed destined to be.

She's done absolutely nothing to warrant such support, and I cannot think of one player more frustrating in the entire history of women's tennis.

I gave up on her around 2001 - and it was long overdue by then!

The bottom line is, Mirjana has NEVER wanted to be a top player. So that's why it seems so ludicrous to me that all these years later there are STILL people hoping for miracles.

Miracles can only happen if the player wills them to happen. Mirjana Lucic gave up long before I did.
lmao...u know mirjana personally right? u know what goes through her head right? u know she isnt trying right? ok...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
198 (203) LUCIC, MIRJANA

She moved up in the rankings for this weeks she is now 198 and was 203.

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
but thats only coz player above her drooped off points, nothing to do with her.

SHe is committed for Rg - whether she plays is another matter :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts