Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
They should do one featuring me. It could say "A Giraffe is for Life, not just for Christmas"

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
It's like the campaign is aimed at a 1950s housewife...

but I'm not sure if it's supposed to appeal to her or to offend her.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are supposed to be part of a billboard campaign. I'm not sure about the slogans, but it would raise the profile of the tour I suppose....

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
they're disgusting. such cheesy and cheap saying on it and not the best photos of each players

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Its good but they cant go on with this whole theme for much longer cos it is starting to get old.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah the slogans suck... but I liked the pink shirts

Reactions: HectorMagnus

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I'm not quite sure what audience they're aimed at. They seem to be saying that they don't need men and that they all have fun together on court.

What they SHOULD be doing is promoting the matches as exciting, and promoting the rivalries. I would think that is what might bring people to the tournaments..

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Doc said:
I'm not quite sure what audience they're aimed at. They seem to be saying that they don't need men and that they all have fun together on court.

What they SHOULD be doing is promoting the matches as exciting, and promoting the rivalries. I would think that is what might bring people to the tournaments..
I have a degree in Graphic Design, so you can imagine how I cringe looking at some of the ideas that the WTA campaign has. To me it seems as though they thought up a few slogans, got a few images from Getty, turned the image into black and white, put the type on the image (possibly Helvetica Bold off the top of my head - always the obvious solution). I could probably whip one of these campaigns up in photoshop in about 10mins (at the most)!

The three main rules to advertising:

1. What are you going to say?
2. How are you going to say it?
3. Who do you want to say it to?

Last year, when I first heard that they had got a top ad company on the case I though they were going to be excellent! But unfortunately, it is a bit of a let down. I don't think they are really being clear in what they are trying to say and the worst thing is........who is it aimed at?!

What the ad company should have done is focus on what is different with the WTA in comparison to the ATP, as apposed to the obvious which is the fact that one is a males tour and the other is a womans.......that seems to be what they've done.

I think they could have had more fun and created better campains if they look at it from another point of view.

Each of the top players on the WTA seem to have an intreging life story. Obvious ones being Capriati, Seles, Williams sisters. From this they could have designed campaignes to show how these people have turned their lives around to acheive great things - to not to give up!

See, young kids/teens (the people who I think should be aimed at) need to be inspired (hence the reason they have role models in the music or movie industry - often these role models are not so good :rolleyes: ). So I think by capturing the imagination of kids through such [possitive] story's in ad campains, then I think that would bring a lot of popularity from the upcoming generation. If you want future champions, then it's children that need to be drawn in by the sport.

I wish the WTA would let me have a little brainstorming session with this so called "top ad company" - I'm sure I could come up with something a little more interesting.......

hope I made sense,
Rachel :angel:

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
cynicole said:
It's like the campaign is aimed at a 1950s housewife...

but I'm not sure if it's supposed to appeal to her or to offend her.
Yeah! This is exactly what I thought as well...you know it´s like that this is the first time period which features great female tennis personalities for the first time...it´s freaky.

My faves are the following:

...so a woman´s supposed to cook in the first place??? Interesting...

..."Yay...I love doing dishes"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts