Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if the umpires said this at other matches too but in the Muguruza vs Aleksandrova match in Sidney when the umpire addressed the players he explained there was a new toilet break rule: 3 minutes max at the toilet (not counting going there and coming back, just the time inside), 2 minutes more if the player needs to change clothes. I knew there was a new toilet break rule in ATP but I was not aware it had been implemented in WTA as well.

Do you know if grand slams will also limit the toilet breaks?

And what do you think about it? I celebrate this news because I hate so much when the players use endless toilet breaks to distract the opponent.

Premium Member
Toilet breaks should be only allowed after 1 hour of play. So only between set 2 and 3 or in a rare case of a set 1 extremely long more than 60 minutes.
Or when playing in excessive heat conditions where players have to drink more than usual. >30掳C

Registered

Registered
What happens if you have a big poo.

Or when playing in excessive heat conditions where players have to drink more than usual. >30掳C
I remember Kerber took a toilet break after losing the first set in 25 minutes against Danielle Collins AO 2019. Totally shameless

1 - 20 of 63 Posts