Tennis Forum banner

Your Thoughts on New TF?

401 - 420 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
There has to be some bullshit sacred rule about "data integrity" or whatever that prevents them from even considering fixing the edit and delete options. Dystopian.

·
Registered
28,195 Posts
There has to be some bullshit sacred rule about "data integrity" or whatever that prevents them from even considering fixing the edit and delete options. Dystopian.
It’s ridiculous. So many people has said already that this forums NEEDS edit function in order to keep:
1 All Games (TT specially, being this game ESSENTIAL to TF. If this game stops many users will go away)
2 ITF threads
3 Entry List threads
4 The entire Stats Subforum
5 many other important threads in GM (such as Sexysova’s favourite player list)
and so on and they still don’t listen, it’s outrageous. THIS IS A BASIC FUNCTION IN ORDER FOR TF TO SURVIVE. This is capital and should be PRIORITY to fix. They are consciously destroying what once was a great forum.
Not to mention other losses such as reps or tagging not working etc.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
It’s ridiculous. So many people has said already that this forums NEEDS edit function in order to keep:
1 All Games (TT specially, being this game ESSENTIAL to TF. If this game stops many users will go away)
2 ITF threads
3 Entry List threads
and so on and they still don’t listen, it’s outrageous. THIS IS A BASIC FUNCTION IN ORDER FOR TF TO SURVIVE. This is capital and should be PRIORITY to fix. They are consciously destroying what once was a great forum.
I doubt that all Mods and Admins can do all edit-requests in an appropriate timeframe.
But should we all really ask another person to do that for us, every time? Feels like a child now that has to ask its parents...

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Does anyone know how is our online traffic since the update?

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
19,063 Posts
2 ITF threads
3 Entry List threads
It's beyond pathetic.

That's what happens when generation smart phone are charged to organize a forum.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Does anyone know how is our online traffic since the update?
You only need to watch the Popcon thread to see what happens with this " update"

·
🐟🐟
4,776 Posts

One of the very first forums affected by the software change. 7 months ago. Some good arguments from the mob. VerticalScope robots lost the fight via submission in the first round and left the place in the end :geek:

raine said:
I guess the real question here is, why put a time limit to begin with for members (the people who make this community a community by coming back frequently) to edit things? What good reason is there to have to put an expiration date on when a forum member can alter/edit/update something they posted? It certainly doesn't make "forum use" any easier.
Administrator said:
Putting a time limit on editing does protect all parties from abuse and liability plain and simple. If someone gets into a flame war with a user and it gets to the point of defamation they can’t backtrack and edit what was said to cover tracks or save face. Likewise, if someone posts pirated content or otherwise violating content.
If a regular user edits a post, all previous revisions of the post still exist in the system and can be restored from there.
If a regular user deletes a post, a "soft delete" is performed which only hides the post from public view.

?

Maybe the user suggesting the time limit exists to prevent angry users from destroying the forums by mass-editing/mass-deleting their posts is right after all. There is no way they wouldn't be able to find a solution in 7 months.

For those who missed it, there was an update (not listed here on TF).

Not bad after 15 days of hard work (y)

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts

One of the very first forums affected by the software change. 7 months ago. Some good arguments from the mob. VerticalScope robots lost the fight via submission in the first round and left the place in the end :geek:

If a regular user edits a post, all previous revisions of the post still exist in the system and can be restored from there.
If a regular user deletes a post, a "soft delete" is performed which only hides the post from public view.

?

Maybe the user suggesting the time limit exists to prevent angry users from destroying the forums by mass-editing/mass-deleting their posts is right after all. There is no way they wouldn't be able to find a solution in 7 months.

For those who missed it, there was an update (not listed here on TF).

Not bad after 15 days of hard work (y)
Shocking that all the same problems occured at a forum change month ago still occur on and on.
Nobody in the background thought about it the right way, only thinking "other forums, other people... why changing anything?"

The best example, that the word "update" has nothing to do with "upgrade".

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Still not a fan. I still browse a few times a day, but I've just checked, and I've only posted 23 times in the 23 days since the chances, and I've not exactly had a busy month. I'm not boycotting on purpose, so can't really explain the lack of posting. A bit of a shame really, although may pick up when the season starts again.

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
I want EDIT and DELETE post back. This is insane to anyone who is managing TF's games.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I have chosen to edit a post, and when click on saving: " You may not edit 10 different posts within 7 days".

An interesting rule:
There is still no edit time displayed at posts and also no notification which one I can edit at now.
So do I have to keep a log now manually with a notepad to know every little thing I do here?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Every post like the one I posted a moment ago stands unedited with all typos for 7 days or longer if you edit 10 others.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I want old TF back.

·
🐟🐟
4,776 Posts

Release 29 - Dec 31 2019

Dear Community Members and Moderators,

As we approach the end of the year, we have a few updates to announce.

Restyling of Action Buttons
We’ve done some restyling of the action buttons on a post to make it less visually cluttered. We’ve also moved the Report function to the three dot overflow action button.

Edit Limits Updated
We’ve heard a lot of feedback on editing limits on posts, especially older posts that may contain outdated information. Because of that, we’ve made some changes to editing permissions. Members now have unlimited edit permissions for up to 10 discussion posts, 10 showcase posts and 10 gallery posts per week. That will allow those who wish to update a project thread, correct a typo or update event information to do so, even if the post is from months ago.

As always, moderating team members will have access to edit as they always have.

Members can access the edit function on their own posts by clicking the three dot action button next to the timestamp on their post.

We also fixed a few bugs, updated some CSS and made some background performance enhancements.

Coming soon!
As previously mentioned, the new Premium Membership experience will be coming after the first of the year. Work continues behind the scenes for that feature. Work is also in progress to improve notifications. Stay tuned for those changes in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.

Your Community Support Team

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
again about the new edit rule:

Why the "no edit allowed" message shows up at saving not before starting editing?
Why you don't show me any further data on that issue like the date how long I should sit back and do nothing?

The old TF showed me everything. The date of editing and also everything I changed there before, so I could compare every change.

401 - 420 of 456 Posts