Tennis Forum banner

Your Thoughts on New TF?

• Total voters
361 - 380 of 442 Posts

·
Administrator
63,345 Posts
It's a big fat mess. It's incredibly messy and the white layout is literally blinding. It's actually insulting to users. TF has been losing tons of members over the last few years and they come up with this ??? To add insult to injury the mods don't even have the guts to address all the complaints...
I'm not sure what you mean by mods don't have the guts to address all the complaints - we personally cannot change the adjustments made - but I can assure you we have been highlighting the problem issues vigorously.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The layout is quite pedestrian, tbh. There's hardly separation between posts, with al those weird adds in between, so it all looks like a big white mess, and the dark mode is even more tiring to the eye. I can't look at it for more than 5 minutes, it's such an eyesore. It's hard to understand why posts cannot be edited or deleted anymore, and it all seems cold, faceless and impersonal. It's homogenization in the worst possible way. The new smilies are shite, and what's with the "show full signature" thing ? It seems like they've killed the last remaining things that made this forum interesting, different or fun. The fave/hate thread has like 25% of replies when compared to 2012, and the Wozniaka, a top player that's been around for more than 10 years, retirement thread went pretty much unnoticed, as only 5-6 years ago it probably would have had 300-400 posts. Time will tell if this is the last nail in TF's coffin.
Yes, all this. They've killed the community. I a) generally wouldn't use this near as much anyway due to its being hideous and b) also will conciously make an effort to avoid it as a matter of principle. All the adverts and lack of consultation are disgusting.
Good luck Hughes Daniel you freak

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by mods don't have the guts to address all the complaints - we personally cannot change the adjustments made - but I can assure you we have been highlighting the problem issues vigorously.
Well I didn't mean "mods" per se, I meant the people in charge of creating the new layout, webmasters. Who decided to revamp this site in the first place ? Do these people even think before they create a mess like the new layout ? These people are incompetent. Even my avatar is cut in half !
It's so bad that people won't even bother to post any more more. The Wozniacki retirement thread only has 7 pages. What does that tell you ?

·
Premium Member
37,361 Posts
I don't even know which "disgusting adverts" you talk about, I see none, apart from two things at my right, home entertainment and mountain bike reviews, very easy to ignore. I don't even know which community you talk about. I barely ever noticed your name in the general messages thread. Do you even comment about tennis? 236 posts since 2015? That's laughable from someone who wants to complain about unknown people destroying a "community".

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
@Hugues Daniel; why don't you create a forum just for yourself, to post alone? That way no trolls or haters would disagree with you. The way you are behaving in this thread suggest you'd be happier by doing that.

·
Premium Member
37,361 Posts
@Hugues Daniel; why don't you create a forum just for yourself, to post alone? That way no trolls or haters would disagree with you. The way you are behaving in this thread suggest you'd be happier by doing that.
There may be an elementary notion of respect that makes a difference between disagreeing and being just mean. Maybe you should honestly think about it.

·
35,483 Posts
This is what a lifeless tasteless soulless web design looks like honestly. The pure black/white background especially. My eyes are literally hurting after few minutes of looking at this forum. How do they expect people to keep coming back to this forum?

·
Registered
35,644 Posts
I feel like designwise, small changes would already help:
  • make the backgournd a broken white
  • better separation between posts through thicker lines that go all the way to the left border
  • more distinction between bold and non-bold type, e.g. use helvetica black instead of bold
I don't even know which "disgusting adverts" you talk about, I see none, apart from two things at my right, home entertainment and mountain bike reviews, very easy to ignore.
it probably changes from country to country, but i have regular ads between posts, that also look like regular posts. when i saw advertising "brilliant webdesign", i almost spat out my coffee laughing.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I just used the advanced search, but there is no option anymore to sort the results by thread title. Only relevance or posting date, which is not helpful in many cases.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't even know which "disgusting adverts" you talk about, I see none, apart from two things at my right, home entertainment and mountain bike reviews, very easy to ignore.
it probably changes from country to country, but i have regular ads between posts, that also look like regular posts. when i saw advertising "brilliant webdesign", i almost spat out my coffee laughing.
I have the same. Perhaps it is different for Premium members?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
There may be an elementary notion of respect that makes a difference between disagreeing and being just mean. Maybe you should honestly think about it.
You are the one who doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference. I'm no saint, I admit it, but come on. You were giving crap to Daydreamer a while ago, one of the most respectful and reasonable posters on this forum.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
Many of your posts are obviously here to start a fight and try to dilute people away from the topic of the functionality and appearance of the new forum. You are trying to pick out what people wrote and attack those (such as I don't see those ads) but it's there. Those ads are acting like a real post with minimal differences in comparison to the forum post just so you will read (and then stop reading realizing it's an ad). You don't see it doesn't mean we don't see it.

Disagreeing? Mean? You are just trying to troll and taking it to the SAISAI level and even SAISAI is better than you in this thread.

·
Registered
37,397 Posts
I don't get any advertisements so I can't complain in that sense. Get adblock, people.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Webmasters basically took the best of this form and removed it while the worst features remained, further supported by dreadful design.

Well done, Webmasters.

·
Premium Member
37,361 Posts
You are the one who doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference. I'm no saint, I admit it, but come on. You were giving crap to Daydreamer a while ago, one of the most respectful and reasonable posters on this forum.
Many of your posts are obviously here to start a fight and try to dilute people away from the topic of the functionality and appearance of the new forum. You are trying to pick out what people wrote and attack those (such as I don't see those ads) but it's there. Those ads are acting like a real post with minimal differences in comparison to the forum post just so you will read (and then stop reading realizing it's an ad). You don't see it doesn't mean we don't see it.

Disagreeing? Mean? You are just trying to troll and taking it to the SAISAI level and even SAISAI is better than you in this thread.
I never gave crap to Daydreamer. We exchanged a disagreement, then he or she started to give crap to me, accusing me of "policing opinions", which is wrong. And I never started a fight with anyone here. When I say I don't see those ads doesn't deny some others see it. Beat's answer was fine. I'm certainly not a poster harassing this thread like any troll would. The fact you target me shows how you struggle to tolerate a different stance.

361 - 380 of 442 Posts