Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Re: New Tennis Power Couple? Maidson Keys Dating Bjorn Fratangelo

lool talk about overanylising. This is a black woman. In the normal world we divide people in black, white, yellow and brown. All i know is if a person is a racist and tend to call black people the n-word. Thats what they would call this woman. If she has been in UK since the 80s which I assume she has. I am sure she has been told what she is viewed as. There are all sorts of blacks from east/west africans/Caribbeans, latinos etc etc.
Yup.

Hilarious how #Sparkle and other posters have this crooked notion of the term black, like as if it's a scientific term or something that excludes blacks that are indigenous to Asia, the Pacific and Australia.

There are blacks deeply nestled in Asia and I'm not talking about Nigerian immigrants in Quingdao or American leftover GIs like Naomi Osaka's dad, but native indigenous-Asian blacks, like the Negrito's who still exist in India, Thailand, China, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc... right next door to Papuans in other words. Now whether they call themselves 'black', or they do not, is inconsequential since African Americans didn't use the term either until after the Malcolm X era.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

NID people ranting about Madison dating a white guy.
If you are going to see everything through a racial lens why not celebrating interracial couples instead?
They're not looking to be happy, they're trying to find ways to be offended because being a victim gives you power.

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts

lool talk about overanylising. This is a black woman. In the normal world we divide people in black, white, yellow and brown. All i know is if a person is a racist and tend to call black people the n-word. Thats what they would call this woman. If she has been in UK since the 80s which I assume she has. I am sure she has been told what she is viewed as. There are all sorts of blacks from east/west africans/Caribbeans, latinos etc etc.
Maybe if you're ignorant and uneducated :shrug:

·
Chionophile
40,055 Posts

Another day, another race thread stirred up mostly by Serena fans. Now you guys have a problem with Madison dating a white man? Seriously!

Yup.

Hilarious how #Sparkle and other posters have this crooked notion of the term black, like as if it's a scientific term or something that excludes blacks that are indigenous to Asia, the Pacific and Australia

There are blacks deeply nestled in Asia and I'm not talking about Nigerian immigrants in Quingdao (that exists, right @Frode ? :eek:h:) or American leftover GIs like Naomi Osaka's dad, but native indigenous-Asian blacks, like the Negrito's who still exist in India, Thailand, China, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc... right next door to Papuans in other words. Now whether they call themselves 'black', or they do not, is inconsequential since African Americans didn't use the term either until after the Malcolm X era.
I don't think there are Negritos in China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negrito They're more in coastal areas in southeast asia.

I can see why Papuans would be included as black. But we now have genetic testing that shows which parts of the world your ancestry is from and I wouldn't put people from say Papua in the same group as people from Sub Saharan Africa.

·
63,404 Posts

Wow, this thread :help: What's wrong with you guys? :eek:

Mods, please lock this thread.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

Hmm... black female tennis pros icing-out black men?
Another day, another race thread stirred up mostly by Serena fans. Now you guys have a problem with Madison dating a white man? Seriously!

I don't think there are Negritos in China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negrito They're more in coastal areas in southeast asia.

I can see why Papuans would be included as black. But we now have genetic testing that shows which parts of the world your ancestry is from and I wouldn't put people from say Papua in the same group as people from Sub Saharan Africa.
Your issues are so pathetically deep rooted it’s laughable at this point.

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts

Hmm... black female tennis pros icing-out black men?
:haha:Madison Keys has made it clear she isn't black or African American. She's coblasian like Tiger, black folks don't claim her.

·
Registered
37,336 Posts

:haha:Madison Keys has made it clear she isn't black or African American. She's coblasian like Tiger, black folks don't claim her.
But she's not Asian?

She said she considers herself biracial

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

You're good up until the part I highlighted. Drop Papuans in the middle of most large cities and no one would see them as anything but black.

It doesn't matter what you would classify Papuans as. It does matter's where they fall when using DNA. If you have seen genetic information that makes them different from sub Saharan Africans (again there is no one DNA group among people who live south of the Saharan) cite it.

Back on topic (somewhat) Keys, as has been said, does not identify as African American so let's wish them well and go on to another subject.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
White people decide who is in what racial category and they've decided that Madison Keys is Black despite her white mom and whether she likes it or not (see how the media had referenced her so far and the racial slurs she has been subjected to on the instagram). Madison, like Tiger Wood may be confused about who they are, but white people are not. They know who is who.

·
Banned
2,202 Posts

White people decide who is in what racial category and they've decided that Madison Keys is Black despite her white mom and whether she likes it or not (see how the media had referenced her so far and the racial slurs she has been subjected to on the instagram). Madison, like Tiger Wood may be confused about who they are, but white people are not. They know who is who.
I'm white. I have declared Keys white. She has no black features whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

The trend I'm more interested in is why so many WTA players are hooking up with scrub ATP ones.

Watson/Glasspool, Dasha g/Saville, now this. You also have Svitolina with an injury prone washed up cricketer. When it's the opposite Vekic/Stan people often mention "golddigger".

Yet I guess it'd inevitable there'll be a mingling of the tours and they can't always be matching in abilities, probably Evert/Connors was the closest, but then she moved onto useless John Lloyd.
I think rich guys are mostly attracted to the real woman not woman with athletic build. That's why the top ATP players are not available for the girls.

BTW you forgot to add Halep who just started dating some random Romanian player too. :secret:

·
Registered
34,111 Posts

When I saw this thread had 100 posts I knew there was a race discussion going on. So predictable.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
When I saw this thread had 100 posts I knew there was a race discussion going on. So predictable.
Also, ~100 posts and the thread title hasn't been fixed for miss spelling Madison's name. Given this and the above:

Ban OP, Fire Mod, and Move topic to Player forum! :devil:

81 - 100 of 128 Posts