Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Have just posted a new web site of pictures taken at the JPMorgan Chase Tournament this week. The pics were taken during the qualifying and first rounds of the event. There are 66 pictures and 6 Quicktime animations.

Players pictured are: Chanda Rubin, Francesca Schiavone, Angelique Widjaja, Els Callens, Seda Noorlander, Meilin Tu, Tara Snyder, and Viktoriya Kutuzova. There are also 12 shots of the new Home Depot Center tennis facilities and some written descriptions of the players, matches, and facilites.

The URL is http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/LA03

Please let me know if you find any factual errors, typos, etc., via this forum or the email link at the bottom of the main page of the site. Thanks.

·
Registered
115,208 Posts
Thanks for the pics!
If you saw the whole Vika - Lina match, what did you think of Vika's game? How good is she?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Rocketta

Yes. I record the Quicktime animations with my camera. Most of the mid-range digital cameras can capture short animations as .mov (Quicktime), .avi, or .mpeg files. My camera (Olympus E100) can capture them at either 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 pixels. I always use the small size. I've noticed that the higher end cameras often don't come with any video capture capability.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goldenlox said:
Thanks for the pics!
If you saw the whole Vika - Lina match, what did you think of Vika's game? How good is she?
I saw the whole match except for the first game. Vika is a legitimate player. She's steady from the baseline. She was hanging in there for some very long, very hard hitting rallies with Lina. She hardly ever came into net and her serve wasn't strong. But she has a lot of time to work on those aspects of her game. I did a Google seach on Vika a few days ago and found out that she's played in quite a few pro tournaments below the WTA level. She's had many wins over good players, players ranked between 100 and 200. She has earned the wildcard they gave her in L.A.

I didn't see any weapon in her arsenal that stood out above everything else (like Para's backhand). She's just a tough competitor.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
Shooter said:
Yes. I record the Quicktime animations with my camera. Most of the mid-range digital cameras can capture short animations as .mov (Quicktime), .avi, or .mpeg files. My camera (Olympus E100) can capture them at either 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 pixels. I always use the small size. I've noticed that the higher end cameras often don't come with any video capture capability.
Cool! another reason to look into those digital camera things! ;)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
can I use those Els pics for the site please? :D ?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Thanks for great photos.
Can I ask for any Lina's photos of her match vs. Vika or some doubles pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts