Tennis Forum banner

Do you think we should make this a rule?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes:

Standardization is necessary.

I think it would be so much better if we just decided to implement the no abbreviation rule. You should not be allowed to write AI or IW or even RG and AO for that matter. Aus Open is even a little too lenient. I say we just make this simple and say that you have to write out all tournament names - half the umpires are making players do it anyway as it is.

Opinions?

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
i love the idea, i have always been in favor of doing this ever since i joined TTT. Answers before were like juju, momo, and things like that, and i was one of the first ones to make a move to change it.. Good to see you now Mikey doing it :)

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
i agree lol

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Alx
2. Anabel
3. Sonfo
4. Williamslover
5. Mikey
7. Petosp
8. ILT
9. ASV
10. Kournikovafan13
11. Ryan
12. Steven
14. Randy
15. Joseosu19
17. Elektra
18. Alexsydney
19. Chripsy
20. Leena
23. VSFan1
24. Polishprodigy
28. Wojtek

·
Banned
147 Posts
Mikey said:
1. Alx
2. Anabel
3. Sonfo
4. Williamslover
5. Mikey
7. Petosp
8. ILT
9. ASV
10. Kournikovafan13
11. Ryan
12. Steven
14. Randy
15. Joseosu19
17. Elektra
18. Alexsydney
19. Chripsy
20. Leena
23. VSFan1
24. Polishprodigy
28. Wojtek
:confused:

I know my ranking sucks, Mikey...

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,527 Posts
thanks for making this poll Mikey - i brought up the topic a while back, but never got around to actually making an official poll regarding the rule change.

it is obvious things need to be made clear from the start of every match and held to the same standard, and i feel that it is best if we stick with spelling the entire name correctly and not making exceptions.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
It would also be nice if there was a "Sticky" thread in this forum with every rule written out, so that there are less fights.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OrangeJuice said:
:confused:

I know my ranking sucks, Mikey...
That was for identifying the main players, because supposedly you need a certain percentage of active members to participate in voting. Yet, that's not really a rule, so technically we'd have to vote on that too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Randy H said:
thanks for making this poll Mikey - i brought up the topic a while back, but never got around to actually making an official poll regarding the rule change.

it is obvious things need to be made clear from the start of every match and held to the same standard, and i feel that it is best if we stick with spelling the entire name correctly and not making exceptions.
Absolutely, and that's why you get partial credit ;)

That was the real point. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not, it just needs to be clear regardless.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ryan16 said:
It would also be nice if there was a "Sticky" thread in this forum with every rule written out, so that there are less fights.
What a silly thought, having the rules clearly marked and easily accessable.

:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts