Tennis Forum banner

Should you get additional points for writing articles?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I think the WRTT is pretty boring since it cameback except for the AO but one interesting tournament in 6 weeks (10 tournaments) is ridiculous. I just would like to know if adding that rule could give the players more interest or give them a reason to write some more articles :

The player(s) who write the most or the best article in the/of the week would have an additional five points (the one you use for the sets and not the ranking's one)

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
I think the one with the best arcticle would be better.

Also what about player profiles, they have them in other games and it's easier to remember your rankings and stuff.

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I'll go with the best because some players are writting 2-3lines to count this as an article. :p
But the 5extra points is only for the one tournament?

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll go with the best because some players are writting 2-3lines to count this as an article. :p
But the 5extra points is only for the one tournament?
Why should it be for only one tourney and not 4 ever?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,224 Posts
What I do in my game to get players to write articles is give them 10 ranking points for writing at least two articles in a tournament thread. The player of the week writes the most articles (over 2) and receives 30 ranking points.

Maybe you could develop something like this. :wavey:

·
24,118 Posts
I think the same as Joey - for the next tournament and maybe 10 points because the points difference is big here. But for the most articles - the best is up to you and can cause problems between players

Open up a thread at the bottom of the game forum to get new players to join :)

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just tought that adding 5 permanent points would be more simple instead of 10 points for one week and the following week taking them off. Plus I appreciate your idea GracefulVenus but I prefer not adding ranking points like this as it would be much more trouble as players would have to defend articles points and as I have the other option of the points that you use in the sets, I tought it would be more simple.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Well, I think you should give extra points for the most articles, and makes criteria to describe "article" (I mean, not 3 lines etc. :p)....but the question is...will you keep it forever?

·
7,224 Posts
My vote is for 1 tournament only

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Then for only one tournament (the one of the next week) and 10 points for each set instead of 5?

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the same as Joey - for the next tournament and maybe 10 points because the points difference is big here. But for the most articles - the best is up to you and can cause problems between players

Open up a thread at the bottom of the game forum to get new players to join :)
Done ;)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I agree. We should get 10 extra points only for one tournament! ;)

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The the new rule would simply be:
The one who makes the most articles (at least 7 lines and not in size 20) earns 10 points for the tournament of the next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts