Tennis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! My daughter is 12 years old, 165 sm, 42 kg and plays tennis 6 years. Last year she played every day. I made a mistake and missed to buy her a new racquet last year. She plays with Prince 220g unstringed 26in. What racquet will you recommend me and do you think HEAD instinct rev (245g, 27in) is good choise? Consultants in the shops told me that she can't take heavier racquet then 250g and this model is good to take for next 1 year and then to take 270g. Are they right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking for a new racquet and can't decide between AeroPro and Warrior 100. My racquet now is Prince Tour 310g 16x18 which doesn't give me enough power. It's not to heavy, but I have troubles hitting winners. I also added 8g to the head.

What do you suggest for an very aggressive baseline spinner? Aero Pro or Warrior 100?

Two years ago I had Wilson Juice 108, which gave me enough power, but not enough control. Coming to the net was not an option. I was easily hitting heavy spin from both sides. It was great for low balls but not good for volleys. Also 108inch head was not good for my wallet bc I needed to tension my racquet pretty often.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
From personal experience.. I'd go with the Warrior. The Aero Pro Drive is very user friendly, but serving with it has been so painful to my forearm. The warrior is a great option.. it is still not as plush as the Prince O3 White (Isner, Bartoli) or the update to the O3 While. the Prince White LS 100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would recommend to take your time and try as many rackets as you can on the court. Many tennis stores let you try rackets. Once you find one that fits you perfectly, you buy it :)

Pascal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I also have a racket question. I am in search of a new racket and was wondering what people would recommend me looking into. I am an intermediate player and the racket I have been using is a Head Graphene XT Speed S. I do believe that I could play with something heavier than this, but am not sure I would want too drastic of a change. The head size is about right, I would not want to go any bigger but would not be opposed to trying something smaller than it (like a 98). Any suggestions on what I should try out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm actually doing some research for a blog post I'm writing on how to go about picking a new tennis racquet. I would love to hear how some of you decide what racquet to use!

Just for some context, the blog focuses on parents of recreational tennis players (Kids ages 13 to 17 who most likely won't play on a college varsity team) who play in tennis tournaments.

The way I picked my last racquet was more just a trial and error with demos. Trying to feel out which one felt best. However, if I were to pick a new racket now I would first realize that I'm a spin/control player and research racquets that have specs that would increase those aspects of my game.

That being said my ultimate belief is that which racquet you use really doesn't make too much of a difference in your game long term because you will learn and adjust to the new racquet.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

Can someone recommend a racquet that's like the Prince TT Propel but not? I'm looking to move over to Head after my Prince racquet has cracked (RIP), but am open to other brands, except Wilson. Last time I had a Wilson I got shoulder problems cause it was too heavy. I need UK prices, and preferably under £50.

Thanks!
Chcek out the latest and good tennis racquet here Best Tennis Racquet Reviews 2016 With Ultimate Comparison that will help you choose the best one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Iv'e always preferred Babolat. You shouldn't go to stores it's usually more expensive. Amazon has the cheapest price usually and you can return it if you don't like it. Here I linked a highly rated one for you: http://amzn.to/2jSXxuA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone - I apologize for cutting in but for some reason I'm unable to post new threads. I'm a new user and account has been activated but yet I keep getting the "lack of administrative functions" error. Anyway, I really wanted to ask for your advice.. I'm a club player, 5.54 feet who plays double handed forehand and backhand. I play mostly doubles due to the nature of club sessions. I can generate a lot of power, I can hit great returns, deep and powerful shots as well as drive volleys. Serve is OK-ish. I do move well and run a lot :)

I've been playing with Wilson Blade 104 Tour, 8pt HL, 104sq, 27.5, 18x19 with Luxilon Adrenaline.

Because of the way I play, positioning, anticipation and placement are key - however I do have a tendency to spray balls long or wide, almost as it seems I lose control of the pace I can generate. I become erratic, I could do more with top spin.

Now.. I need/want change racquets (grip size of current ones is wrong and the two handed just wasted the handle..).. I wanted preferably a Yonex or Wilson just because I only played with these 2 brands for the past 20 years. I think it would be advisable to stick to extended length 27.5' or 28' for the reach part as that's quite key. However, I'm not sure if I'd benefit from a smaller or same-ish head size. From that I checked online I thought that these could be options:

- Wilson Blade SW104, perhaps the 28" would give me a greater advantage? Also, the higher SW and weight PLUS strings that favour more control would be a good option?
- Yonex EZONE DR 100+, sticking to the 27,5", reducing the head size for more stability and control ? Or even going more drastic to the Yonex EZONE DR 98+ ?
- Others? I heard good things about the Babolat Pure Drive Plus for example.

What do you guys think? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Babolat pure drive racquet is one of the most popular racquets you will find across the globe. It has been the source for the transformation of the tennis game as we know it. It was designed after the analysis of players and how they made contact with the tennis ball during game play. It was this analysis that caused them to design a racket with the sweet spot moved closer to the rackets tip. you can find more reviews HERE tennisracketpro.com the best help you can ever find.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts