Tennis Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

Registered
Serena Williams partners with Lincoln just like Matthew McConaughey. Cars have nothing to do with tennis or acting. Federer is a brand ambassador for a coffee machine ... Is there any product that isn't endorsed by a celebrity?
Defintely not saying it isn't common in the US or Europe but I think it's even more common in Japan.

Registered
Woo Hoo!!! Go on, Naomi! 馃

Registered
Great talent and I鈥檓 waiting to see her motivation to change on clay and grass. 5 career titles is not a great achievement with that talent and if that brings that much money to the table good on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Her mental game is volatile to say the least.

Registered
Great talent and I鈥檓 waiting to see her motivation to change on clay and grass. 5 career titles is not a great achievement with that talent and if that brings that much money to the table good on her.

I love Osaka but I don't get when people refer to her "enormous talent". She has great weaponry in my opinion, a good athlete and a great player overall but saying 5 titles (with 2 GS) at age 22 is an underachievement for her talent, I don't agree with.

Premium Member

I think on Clay & Grass you need to have a little bit more Patience with her. Two years ago before IW 2018 she was unknown, now she is a Superstar. She will figure things out on those Surfaces eventually.

Registered
I guess that's cool if she's only in it for the $ and fame and doesn't actually like tennis much.
Most people pick such rich sports for $. Real world runs on money. You can love your profession as well as the perks ( endorsements ) it bring. Loving money and fame is not wrong anyways.

Welcome to real world. Smart work is better than hard work. And in end people remember slam wins, not how many titles you picked up in some far village tournament. Focus on tournaments which count in the end.

Registered
Defintely not saying it isn't common in the US or Europe but I think it's even more common in Japan.
I think it is because the market is different. So successful athletes easily doubles their endorsements $$$.

Registered
Most people pick such rich sports for $. Real world runs on money. You can love your profession as well as the perks ( endorsements ) it bring. Loving money and fame is not wrong anyways.

Welcome to real world. Smart work is better than hard work. And in end people remember slam wins, not how many titles you picked up in some far village tournament. Focus on tournaments which count in the end.
Smart work better than hard work is one of the most cliched sounding words that scratches up to nothing.

But I agree, on the $ part, because a lot of athletes didn't choose their sport, their parents did it for them and mostly because tennis pays a fat pay.

Registered
menn.... tennis is $ . Look over: Roger leading all sporters in endorsement.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts