Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Mods,

since the new layout it is not possible to edit the posts anymore. I would like to update them, especially the ITF 15 Threads.

·
Premium Member
181,808 Posts
its horrible
can't edit :oops::cry:

·
Retired
5,678 Posts
Indeed. Actually you can still edit your post a few minutes after posting it seems but that's all.
With the new layout, TF has moved into another forum software also and this is just a simple permission issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, and I'm pretty sure it's a pretty easy thing to do.

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
Hey all,

Clarifying this issue since this is core and significant to the functionality of a lot of threads. Editing is currently available within the first 24 hours of something being posted. Any further edits can be facilitated by some members of the staff, but please be respectful of their time and resources if you wish to request assistance from them. We are also here to make edits as well, but I am also working on presenting y'all with a more sustainable solution for your editing ability. I know this isn't ideal for you, and I do want to apologize.

Hope to have a solution for you soon,
Gerrit

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Lots of threads depend on the ability to edit the older posts when new information comes up, or the tread will die.
I'm sure the Mods don't want to be inundated with requests to edit or delete posts. So this issue needs to be corrected soon hopefully.
Another thing I hate is that you have no idea how many views one thread got recently if it's above 1k, until it changes to 2k eventually. That sucks. It makes you think that perhaps your thread got zero view.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Another thing I hate is that you have no idea how many views one thread got recently if it's above 1k, until it changes to 2k eventually. That sucks. It makes you think that perhaps your thread got zero view.
Exactly. Under the old system I could track how often my threads were visited. Now I have absolutely no idea.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
So I just noticed some chosen threads are now allowing to edit old posts. Thanks to the admins/mods for that.
However I don't see why the big fuss for not allowing that for all threads.

·
Registered
24,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I just noticed some chosen threads are now allowing to edit old posts. Thanks to the admins/mods for that.
However I don't see why the big fuss for not allowing that for all threads.
nothing new at the ITF forums still.

·
Registered
76,125 Posts
Also we have the question of who is willing to continue with the 25Ks+ going forward into 2020 while Meelis is still away.

I'm happy to keep doing the threads for a short time (I stopped in the final few tournaments of 2019 because I got quite busy and the new ITF site & TF sites frustrated me), however I'm not sure for how long it will be sustainable (due to my busy life and time zone).

From this, we can now see that we have taken Meelis for granted on this forum. Perhaps, it should not be a one person job. Maybe we can devise a plan and split up the tournament threads based on poster & tournament location/time zone?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Also we have the question of who is willing to continue with the 25Ks+ going forward into 2020 while Meelis is still away.

I'm happy to keep doing the threads for a short time (I stopped in the final few tournaments of 2019 because I got quite busy and the new ITF site & TF sites frustrated me), however I'm not sure for how long it will be sustainable (due to my busy life and time zone).

From this, we can now see that we have taken Meelis for granted on this forum. Perhaps, it should not be a one person job. Maybe we can devise a plan and split up the tournament threads based on poster & tournament location/time zone?
Anyone know when Meelis will be back?

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
For me the good outweighs the bad. So I can live with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts