Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
They should move the JP Morgan Chase Open to either Boston or Washington DC. I think one tournament is enough in LA.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ptkten said:
They should move the JP Morgan Chase Open to either Boston or Washington DC. I think one tournament is enough in LA.

I agree, California has ENOUGH tournements (one of the reasons why I think the championships tanked so badly last year.)

My picks

Vancouver, BC
Detroit MI (or Cleveland, OH)
Rio de Janerio, Brazil
Atlanta, GA
The Bahamas

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
luci- maybe detroit would be a good pick, but i chose columbus bc of the growing population, new arenas, and sports and columbus go together

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I think that they should have some tournaments in:

Barcelona
Buenos Aires
Santa Fe
Chicago
Vancouver
Beijing
HongKong (not just an exhibition)
Kuala Lumpur
Margaret River :D :p

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
faboozadoo15 said:
luci- maybe detroit would be a good pick, but i chose columbus bc of the growing population, new arenas, and sports and columbus go together

Columbus would be a great pick. They have very nice facitlies and the people are very friendly.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Anywhere in Texas would be nice. We are holding the Tennis Masters in Houston the next two years, We now have a nice indoor complex, a women's event would be perfect.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Yeah, I was 5 then so I didn't get a chance to go..... ;)

·
Banned
327 Posts
jennifermarie said:
Norwich, England! :D
I think there should be another tournament in Canada. Vancouver or Halifax would be great choices.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi/New Delhi (I've forgotten which is bigger), Istanbul, Cairo, Johannesburg, Rio, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Kuala Lumpur, Mexico City, Stockholm, Athens.

·
Registered
25,450 Posts
Graz-Austria whe have an exciting mens Challenger every year which started yesterday. Also the senior tour with Becker, Stich, McEnroe, Leconte, Wilander and Muster plays here. Usually more than 10 000 people are coming every day :eek:

other choices
Bahamas
Maledives
some in Africa

and not so many in the States

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
to organize a tournament you need money, money is provided by sponsors, if there are not sponsors there is not tournament, as simple as that.

Although it would be nice to have events in Africa or other areas with no tennis tournaments, it wouldn't be realistic.

In addition, you need infrastructure, you need a stadium, that's not cheap to build especially if you are going to use it for that only event, and it has to be maintaned, 365 days a year.

There are already too many tournaments in the US, if they add events they have to take others out.

Realisticaly, I think they should consider

Barcelona
Geneva
Montecarlo
Amsterdam
Prague

Buenos Aires would be a good choice, especially for a men's event since there are so many good argentinian male players, but with the current economic situation I don't think it's possible

Cairo already had an event and got cancelled

Mexico city would probably be a good choice

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
also- phoenix and las vegas i believe are fast growing cities with nice arenas...
for summer harcourts?

i hope not. those cities get HOT!

right now its 97F in Vegas and its night!

102F in Phoenix

were talking 110-115 being the daily average temp [and this isnt the heat index either... imagine being in the sun]

bring the champs back to nyc!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts