·
Registered
3,338 Posts
*Adds to b-day and Christmas list*

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
I bought a book of that type by Maureen Connolly's daughter, and I like it. I would like to read this one too, but I will wait till I can get it cheap on half.com! :D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I heard from a tennis journo friend of mine long ago that Betsy was a born-again Christian (though not the fanatic kind)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Yes- thats the 2nd time that same person put up this book for auction. They even lowered the price a bit from the original start price. I saw this and was tempted to bid - but I have NO MONEY!!! Rent is due/both of our car payments are due/insurance is due! I will have to wait on this book. I feel so sorry for Betsy and their 4 year old. I wish them all the best:wavey:

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
I know, it is so sad. :sad:

I would never buy a book or movie from eBay; the price is always lower at buy.com or deepdiscountdvd.com. You could make a fortune buying books/DVDs at these sites and then selling them to suckers for a high price on eBay. I saw a DVD go for $7.00 more on eBay than a brand-new one cost at deepdiscountdvd.com! :eek:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
This book sucks, I read it. If you want to get born-again and you are into general platitudes, then get it. It is just a bunch of statements from players that I could have put together from here or newspapers, even worse. I could have done a better job! I guess if I married a man worth $100 billion I could take her view on stuff. But as I didn't, her book sucks. She sucked as a player, she could not even win anything decent when there was no competitition, this is some kind of fake shit she did for charity or to witness, or something. She helped Monica with coming back, and now she has used Monica to sell this shit. With all of her husband's contacts, this book got no press. Doesn't that tell you something?

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Celeste said:
This book sucks, I read it. If you want to get born-again and you are into general platitudes, then get it. It is just a bunch of statements from players that I could have put together from here or newspapers, even worse. I could have done a better job! I guess if I married a man worth $100 billion I could take her view on stuff. But as I didn't, her book sucks. She sucked as a player, she could not even win anything decent when there was no competitition, this is some kind of fake shit she did for charity or to witness, or something. She helped Monica with coming back, and now she has used Monica to sell this shit. With all of her husband's contacts, this book got no press. Doesn't that tell you something?
:eek: I wish I read your post before I ordered the book, Celeste! That's what I get for being so hasty. :(

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
hhhhmmmm:cool:

0 - "it's good!" 1 - "Crap book."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts