Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justine is still with the trainers on site:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Justine Henin-Hardenne was listed as questionable for the U.S. Open women's final against Kim Clijsters on Saturday night after being treated for dehydration with intravenous fluids following her semifinal victory over Jennifer Capriati.

Henin-Hardenne was troubled by cramps in her left leg in the final stages of her 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (4) victory over Capriati on Friday night. She received intravenous fluids as soon as she came off court and left the National Tennis Center at 2:40 a.m., two hours after completing her match. She was treated by tournament physician Michelle Gebrian.

When Henin-Hardenne returned to the grounds after 3 p.m. on Saturday, she spent time with the trainers.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I really hope she play!
Still sad that there isn't more time for her to recover. What a task to play a huge match again not even 24 hours after such a dramatic match

:sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Shouldn't we know by now if she plays or not?

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
Goal_Post said:
She should withdraw and reinstate Capriati to play Clijisters in the final. No one wants this all Belguim final in NY.
oh shut up! If Justine doesn't play the final this US Open will just be an even bigger mess.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Open will not stand for a walkover final so that is why I think if the WTA tour do not declare her fit they will move the final to Sunday afternoon, with men's at night. The TV networks will suffer without a final so I think that is the only course of action. However, I think Justine will play and declare herself fit enough, she will run on pure adrenaline!

·
Banned
928 Posts
Stop this........she'll play this evening! :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don;t have an official source but isn't it obvious? Has there ever been a walkover final???

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Even if she is not able to play 100% she will take the court just like venus did at wimbledon. To not play a grandslam final after earning your way there is unthinkable. She would have had to break a bone or something not to be there and even then she would show up with crutches.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
MartinaI said:
Don;t have an official source but isn't it obvious? Has there ever been a walkover final???
In the juniors, there have been. In Masters Series events for the men, there have been. So my assumption is, no.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Goal_Post said:
You shut up shap_half, your an asshole. No one in America wants a damn all Belguim final, the French was bad enough.
Speak for yourself.

I'd much rather have the Belgians in the final than seeing that ill-tempered bitch Crapriati in the final. It never ceases to amaze me just how pissy she is on court.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i just love the energy Jennifer brings to court :hearts:

her and Lleyton are great to watch for precisely that

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
On Eurosportnews:
"Tennis 22:53
U.S. Open: Belgian Justine Henin-Hardenne is expected to have recovered in time to play in women's final against compatriot Kim Clijsters"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts