Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is about Martina Navritilova and her observations about other tennis players, in particular, the current generation. She appears on quite a few tournament preview shows, so please post what she's said. Hey, at least it's more reliable than Peter Bodo - LOL - Martina Navritilova's a champion. Arguably the BEST ever.

Observations/Comments

1) Mauresmo will win 2004 Wimbledon
This didn't happen. She choked to Serena :(
2) If all the Russians were at their absolute best, then Myskina is the best.
GO NASTYA~!
3) Dementieva's groundstrokes are some of the best in the business.
Who could argue? With that horrrrror serve... Lol.
4) Lindsay Davenport would win 2005 AO
This didn't happen. She choked against Serena.
5) Lindsay Davenport's groundstrokes are the absolute best in the business, with Sharapova second.
I would rate Dementieva's and Lindsay's groundstrokes are best.
6) Serena Williams is the best if she's fully fit and match fit.
I think that this is the case. But what's the likelihood of Serena showing up to a tournament fully fit and match hardened any time soon? VERY unlikely.
7) She would like to have Alicia Molik's second serve as her first serve.
Enough said about Molik's serve.
8) Molik has a better serve than Serena, because Molik has much more variety on her second serve than Serena. Serena apparently does a "weird, sidespin" thing.
9) Conchita Martinez used to have a great kick serve.

Hmm... does Conchita Martinez even HAVE a serve? She looks like she has a weird lollipop serve. LOL.

Please post some up!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also two recent doozies:

1 - She said Justine would win last years Wimbledon and Juju crapped out in the first round.

2 - She said at the start of the year that Serena would be tough to beat this year.

Absolutely craptastic from Nav, but to be fair, it is tough to tip the winner in Slams when it's someone different every time. But really -and I stress that I'm not attacking Serena here - saying that Serena would dominate this year has to be one of the most bizzare and amateurish calls from a great champ I've heard in a while. Every man and his dog was pointing out that Serena is just too big to play near her best.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Martina right on a few things like:
Momo should have won SW19 in 04 but an injury put an end to that
Molik has the beat serve
Lindsay and Maria have the best ground strokes
Serena is the best when at her best
IMO and hers Myskina is the best russian

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
two players choked to serena. i think it says more about rena's fighting spirit if anything else.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
I can't believe she said something nice about Conchita.

Are you sure she really said all this stuff?
notice she said "used to" when talking about Conchita, so it's really a backhanded compliment ;)

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
Conchita actually had a pretty good first serve but she had to change it around 1997 or so when she started to get her back injured. In fact there was a point in 1998 that she considered retirement because she couldn't handle the pain but well, she got healthier but now she doesn't hit the previous serve to let her back get some rest.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
skanky~skanketta said:
two players choked to serena. i think it says more about rena's fighting spirit if anything else.

yes. and their choking as well:cool:

·
Banned
6,260 Posts
I thought she was Navr a tilova... :confused: :retard: :icanttypemyownname:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts