1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Navratilova Joins Liverpool International Field

Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
03/04/2005

Nine-time Wimbledon winner Martina Navratilova will take her grass-court game to Liverpool this June. The Hall of Famer has joined the field for the 2005 Liverpool International Tennis Tournament, tournament director Anders Borg announced today.
The 48-year-old Navratilova — winner of 58 Grand Slam championships — has committed to competing at the Calderstones Park event, June 8-12th. She joins 14th-ranked Ivan Ljubicic, American Jan-Michael Gambill, popular veterans Pat Cash, Ilie Nastase, Mansour Bahrami and Liverpool’s own Ken Skupski.

"I am proud of bringing the very best of international tennis to Liverpool and I am confident that a future champion will come from the North West," Borg said.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

her legend goes on.....

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
Taking a rightful spot in MD (i pressume she will get direct WCs into MD) of someone else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
she will still be playing if she is in a home for old people :lol:

·
Snitch
16,152 Posts
Queen Maria said:
she will still be playing if she is in a home for old people :lol:
Can you imagin her in the draw at a senior citizen home? and everyone withdrawing when they see her name in the draw...:haha:

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
the sad truth.... yeah I can imagine that :lol:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
Can you imagin her in the draw at a senior citizen home? and everyone withdrawing when they see her name in the draw...:haha:

Martina has got tennis in her blood.... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
:worship: Martina Navratilova :worship:

She truly has to Love tennis!
Played pro since 1973.
It's strange that at first clay was clearly her best surface. She reached the QF of French open in 1973 (Her first Grand Slam main draw) and fell in the early rounds of Wimby and US. She also reached her first Slam final at Roland Garros! But later on she became the queen of Grass!

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
ti-online said:
Martina Navratilova vs. Jan Michael Gambill?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

your signature is great!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Wish my George had Marti's stamina!!

·
double-dog daredevil
12,041 Posts
Oh the nerve - playing an EXHIBITION at her age. Trying to help promote tennis. Sheesh.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pengwin

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Navratilova Joins Liverpool International Field

Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
03/04/2005

Nine-time Wimbledon winner Martina Navratilova will take her grass-court game to Liverpool this June. The Hall of Famer has joined the field for the 2005 Liverpool International Tennis Tournament, tournament director Anders Borg announced today.
The 48-year-old Navratilova — winner of 58 Grand Slam championships — has committed to competing at the Calderstones Park event, June 8-12th. She joins 14th-ranked Ivan Ljubicic, American Jan-Michael Gambill, popular veterans Pat Cash, Ilie Nastase, Mansour Bahrami and Liverpool’s own Ken Skupski.

"I am proud of bringing the very best of international tennis to Liverpool and I am confident that a future champion will come from the North West," Borg said.

WHY?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.