Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
20,884 Posts
I might be wrong, but I think they did the same thing last year. The reason for this is becasue of television (CBS).

· Banned
1,632 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
I thought that was a surprising decision.

I know at 11 am the stadium would be empty on Ashe for Sugiyama/Schiavone, but still a double match on Ashe over a single match during the day session, I don't think it ever happened before.
Chile tomorrow is Labor Day so they thinkin the peeps at home need to see somebody they know so who betta than somebody from back in the day like Miss Nav. :cool:

If they show Miss Ai and Miss Francesca folk at home gon be like wtf? :lol: Nothin against Miss Ai and Miss Francesca. :cool:

· Registered
24,565 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
I thought that was a surprising decision.

I know at 11 am the stadium would be empty on Ashe for Sugiyama/Schiavone, but still a double match on Ashe over a single match during the day session, I don't think it ever happened before.
Kind of a 'biggest available star' decision, I'd figure.

· Registered
16,773 Posts
Ai has to play her singles match before her match with Kim. And they aren't going to put ANY doubles match on AA in the prime mid-to-late afternoon slot.

People are jamming the courts to see the phenomenon that is the middle-aged Navratilova still playing fabulous tennis. I think if anyone has earned her way on to the marquee court, it's her. :kiss:

· Registered
1,301 Posts
janie said:
Ai has to play her singles match before her match with Kim. And they aren't going to put ANY doubles match on AA in the prime mid-to-late afternoon slot.

People are jamming the courts to see the phenomenon that is the middle-aged Navratilova still playing fabulous tennis. I think if anyone has earned her way on to the marquee court, it's her. :kiss:
Very true, she's still able to attract big crowds where others fail, and believe me it's not because of her looks (I think :lol: :eek: )

· Registered
197,293 Posts
Good point from the posters above. It's great to have M. Navratilova playing doubles. She plays doubles how it should be played, standing at the net not standing behind. I am not surprised Navratilova still attracts the crowd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.