Tennis Forum banner

141 - 160 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,542 Posts
Elle Spirit Open in Montreux announced. They plan to star International Stars to fight against the Swiss hopefuls from July 3rd to 5th

Entry List
1 Elina Svitolina UKR
2 Donna Vekic CRO
3 Iga Swiatek POL
4 Jil Teichmann SUI
5 Viktorija Golubic SUI
6 Leonie Küng SUI
7 Simona Waltert SUI
8 Conny Perrin SUI

Alternate:
9 Timea Bacsinszky SUI

It will round robin in two groups of four with the top two advancing to the semi-finals.

Price money:
Titlist: 25'000
Finalist: 15'000
Semi-Finalists: 10'000
Round Robin Loser: 2'500

·
🐟🐟
4,548 Posts
Italian Championships (20 - 28 June)
Live stream from two courts is available on Facebook (requires an Italian IP address)

·
Premium Member
62,542 Posts
Lulu Sun lost her comeback match to Golubic by 2-6, 0-6 :(

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Finally some tennis in Romania. Winners Open announced from 2-5 July in Cluj-Napoca.

6 players to take part are Begu, Cristian, Bara, Ruse, Craciun and Bulgaru.

Winner gets a chance to play mixed doubles with Halep, Tecau and Copil.

It will be broadcast on Digi Sport, no spectators on site.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Btw, British mens starts tomorrow, but will Konta, Hev m.m. also play this week?
A bit late to the party here, but the first British women's event starts on Thursday, but Harriet Dart is as good as the entry list gets. There's unfortunately no real women's equivalent to the men's event which has been very well ran, with great TV coverage.

·
Premium Member
62,542 Posts
20K Neuchatel

SF: Teichmann def. Vögele
SF: In-Albon def. Golubic

Final: Teichmann def. In-Albon

All three matches were really tight.

·
Premium Member
62,542 Posts
Bojana :)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Draw for the first British Tour event running from Thu 2nd to Sun 5th at the National Tennis Centre:

1) Samantha Murray
Marni Banks

Tiffany Williams
Eden Silva

3) Emma Raducanu
Emily Appleton

Alicia Barnett
Alice Gillan

Grace Piper
Amelia Rajecki

Eliz Maloney
4) Yuriko Lily Miyazaki (JPN)

Beth Grey
Naomi Broady

Freya Christie
2) Jodie Burrage

A couple of higher profile withdrawals (well, relatively anyway...) has made this a bit weaker than originally expected. A couple of top 250 or so players, one excellent prospect, a few 400-600 type players who aren't really going to go anywhere, and a few other 17/18 year olds where the jury is still very much out on what their ceilings are. Oh, and the legendary Naomi Broady of course.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
These are the most interesting match-ups for me.
Yeah, I'm excited by Raducanu, she's the best prospect we've had for a long time, so I always try and watch her matches when they're streamed (I believe this tournament is being streamed on social media). Burrage vs Christie is probably the best individual match up of R1, but keep an eye on Banks vs Murray. Marni is a decent junior, and I know Kasatkina is/was all over the place earlier in the year, but she did take a set off her in an Adeleide qualifier when she got a QWC due to their being space left in the draw, and she also beat a 300 player at a GB W25 event just before lockdown, and pushed Raducanu reasonably close in the following round. However, Murray isn't exactly the most exciting player to watch.

There's a 'Progress' tournament on July 14th at the same venue (I think) and that has a similar line up, but also includes Dart, Boulter and Lumsden, so it's a little stronger.

141 - 160 of 221 Posts