Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

As we won't see international tournaments please post which countries plan a national tournament league instead.

In Austria the Generali Austrian Pro Series will start from May 25 on. 16 men and 8 women then play for a total prize money of 151,750 euros. Also there is Austria's superstar Dominic Thiem, the third in the world rankings can start against David Pichler (ATP No. 479).

There will be also the comeback of Tamira Paszek. The 29-year-old wants to intervene again after many injuries and attempts to make a comeback. The former # 26 played her last even in March 2019 in Sharm El Sheikh at the 15,000$ level. The women's games begin on June 10th.

Men:
Group A:
Dominic Thiem, Lucas Miedler, David Pichler, Sandro Kopp
Group B: Jurij Rodionov, J眉rgen Melzer, Lenny Hampel, Marko Andrejic
Group C: Dennis Novak, Sam Weissborn, Alex Erler, Lukas Neumayer
Group D: Sebastian Ofner, Philip Oswald, Max Neuchrist, Moritz Thiem

Ladies:
Group A:
Barbara Haas, Tamira Paszek, Mira Antonitsch, Irina Dshandhgava
Group B: Julia Grabher, Melanie Klaffner, Sinja Kraus, Elena Karner

🐟🐟
Sweden

Date: May 22nd
Livestream: https://solidsport.com/tpmagasinet-open/calendar (paid)

Hungary

Date: May 22nd - 24th
Livestream: https://mediaklikk.hu/m4-elo

Ukraine

Date: May 26th (The tournament will take place over 5 days - three days for group stage, then: semifinals and finals.)
Livestream: https://www.facebook.com/UkrainianTennisFederation

Players
Lesya Tsurenko
Marta Kostyuk
Lyudmila Kichenok
Nadiya Kichenok
Daria Lopatetska
Marianna Zakarliuk
Victoria Petrenko
Maria Bergen

Czech republic

Date: May 26th - 28th
Livestream: TBA

Players
Karol铆na Pl铆拧kov谩
Krist媒na Pl铆拧kov谩
Karol铆na Muchov谩
Petra Kvitov谩
Barbora Str媒cov谩
Kate艡ina Siniakov谩
Barbora Krej膷铆kov谩

Registered
OMG, Mimi is back :sobbing!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Registered
Croatia
Osijek 4-7 June

Donna Vekic
Ana Konjuh
Jana Fett
Lea Boskovic
Tena Lukas
Tereza Mrdeza
Antonia Ruzic
plus exhibition of legends Ivana Majoli and Goran Ivanisevic.

Registered
A New Zealand league is in the final planning stages, apparently starting in a couple of weeks, but it will only have male players. I understand that all matches will be played indoors at the Albany Tennis Centre in Auckland, but no details have officially been released.

There is supposed to be an Australian league as well, which presumably would be much bigger because they have so many more players at that level.

Registered
The wait is almost over! Women鈥檚 professional tennis will take a first step back to normality with the 鈥淕erman Ladies鈥 Series presented by Porsche鈥 starting on 16 June. Find out more about the tournament mode and the attractive line-up

Siegmund , Friedman , Barth茅l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
The Exo-Tennis series is underway as well, in the USA (men and women) and Germany (men only). Paige Hourigan was unbeaten in six matches in the first women's round robin, defeating Sachia Vickery and Taylor Townsend amongst others, but lost to Katarina Jokic in the final. The next women's event starts on Wednesday.

Registered
The show must go on

[Budapest Cup]
I'm watching the mixed doubles (Anna Bondar/Stakhovsky v Babos/Peter Nagy) now. It's a beautiful day in Budapest (21 degrees), but slightly spoilt because Babos obviously hasn't worked on her breathing during the suspension - she's still as noisy as usual.

I know that Nagy is a common surname in Hungary, but is Peter related to Adrienn? Big brother?

Registered
I might try and watch some of these matches. The domestic edge does generally make these more appealing and significant to me than a random exhibition even if featuring bigger stars - I guess the Czech one kind of ticks both boxes. A potential Lopatetska vs Kostyuk match would be decent.

Hopefully once sports starts creep back in the UK, the LTA will start to put a few more domestic events on. Should be a few reasonably evenly matched match ups between those ranked 150-300ish, assuming most are in the country, or countries, given the different approaches, although that said, about 95% of British female players living in the UK will live in England.

Registered
It's nice to be able to discuss the prospect of actual tennis again. Just checked and the above is only my second post on here since Irapuato ITF in early to mid March, and my second overall. I have been browsing it most days though.

Registered
[QUOTE="AwonderfulKiwi, post: 82192684, member: 346309"

I know that Nagy is a common surname in Hungary, but is Peter related to Adrienn? Big brother?
[/QUOTE]

They are not related.

Nagy is the most common Hungarian surname.
It means big and great.

Adrienn's mother is an ex-pro tennis player Vir谩g Csurg贸

Registered
^^
That sounds reasonably interesting. From the 14 listed, 8 represent USA and 6 don't so if the other 2 were overseas, then they could have it Team USA vs Team World, but then again, it is sponsored by the Credit One Bank so a certain (US) daughter may be in line...

Registered
Whatever happened to Paszek? Did she have a back injury or something?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts