Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Emma will play Camila Giorgi in R1
The defending champion! I hoped they could meet in the final haha. Giorgi is one of my favourites too, but of course I prefer Emma to anyone else. So I will surely support Emma, 100%.
Still sad, because that means I will have to root for Camila losing all her 900 points :(
No choice though, because Emma is Emma.
Unfortunate draw for me.
As for Emma…could have been worse tbh. But Camila can hit anyone off the court when she’s in a good day. Or hit herself off the court when she’s in a bad day (which recently is more likely, Camila had a bad year too)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The defending champion! I hoped they could meet in the final haha. Giorgi is one of my favourites too, but of course I prefer Emma to anyone else. So I will surely support her.
Still sad, because that means I will have to root for Camila losing all her 900 points :(
No choice though, because Emma is Emma.
Unfortunate draw for me.
It's not the worst draw in the world for Emma though - Giorgi is extremely inconsistent.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
View attachment 225011
Emma's section of the draw. Given how stacked the field is, it could definitely have been worse for her.
it's a decent draw for Emma...Giorgi can be bit tricky (its hard to know which version fo Giorgi shows up) but considering this is a WTA1000 tournament, it's a pretty good quarter

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
13,931 Posts
As bad as the draw is on paper given that Giorgi won last year, she'll have some pressure + Samsonova must be one of the best players to prepare you for Giorgi.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Giorgi is currently 4-4 on hard courts...hasn't got past the first round of a hard court tournament since the AO
Looking back on her record this year, she had a pretty good grass court season prior to Wimbledon, but then lost there in the first round and doesn't seem to have entered any tournaments since. 🤔

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
She’s defending champ of Toronto isn’t she??
She is and I’m sad of this draw because Camila is one of my other favourites (she’s indeed one of the other girls in my signature). But for me Emma comes before anyone else.
So I will still 100% root for Emma, but that means rooting for Camila losing 900 points :( and I’m sad about it!
Tbh it’s not the worst draw for Emma, because Camila had a very bad year and is currently 4-4 on hc. And Camila will have lots of pressure as the defending champ.
She can hit anyone off the court in a good day, but hit herself off the court in a bad day (which happens frequently nowadays).

61 - 80 of 1092 Posts