Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purple Rectangle Azure Violet Font

Font Art Darkness Brand Graphics

So the first 1000 event of the USO swing is upon us, taking place this year in Toronto, Canada.

* As per the mods request, I don't usually make threads for upcoming tournaments if Emma is still competing in a current event, but given the draw is almost upon us, the thread had to be opened to fill the OP with draw information. *

With Emma still competing in Washington D.C (as of 05 Aug), and clearly suffering with some minor issues like blisters, the likelihood is that she'll still be OK to play next week, but we'll see how the remainder of her week progresses and I'll keep this OP updated with any fitness concerns.

Contrary to what the WTA may be saying above in it's banner, when checking the website below and looking back at 2021's edition of the event in Montreal, it would seem the tournament is a 56-PLAYER DRAW, with the Top 8 seeds receiving a BYE into R2.

At this moment in time, Emma is currently seeded 9th, so will play a R1 match as it stands, unless someone drops out above her in the rankings before the draw is made later.

Sleeve Font Magenta Logo Brand

(1) I. Swiatek vs BYE
V. Kudermetova vs S. Rogers
B. Haddad Maia vs M. Trevisan
Qualifier vs (13) L. Fernandez

(12) B. Bencic
vs V. Azarenka
Qualifier vs S. Williams
K. Kanepi vs N. Osaka
BYE vs (8) G. Muguruza

(3) M. Sakkari
vs BYE
S. Stephens vs S. Kenin
A. Anisimova vs C. Zhao
B. Krejcikova vs (14) K. Pliskova

(11) D. Kasatkina vs B. Andreescu
A. Cornet vs C. Garcia
R. Marino vs Q. Zheng
BYE vs (5) O. Jabeur

(7) J. Pegula
vs BYE
Qualifier vs M. Keys
A. Bondar vs E. Mertens
C. Giorgi vs (9) E. Raducanu

(16) J. Ostapenko
vs A. Kalinina
P. Kvitova vs A. Riske
K. Sebov vs Y. Putinseva
BYE vs (4) P. Badosa

(6) A. Sabalenka vs BYE
S. Sorribes Tormo vs Qualifier
E. Rybakina vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs (10) C. Gauff

(15) S. Halep
vs Qualifier
S. Zhang vs Qualifier
J. Teichmann vs V. Williams
BYE vs (2) A. Kontaveit

All things going well, Emma will play her first match either on Monday or Tuesday of next week, and her R1 opponent will be defending champion, Camila Giorgi.

As always, the matches will be available to download in the relevant thread at the top of Emma's Empire as and when they happen. I'll try and get them uploaded as soon as possible.

I'll keep this thread updated with more information as and when it's received over the next few days in the run-up to the main event. As of now, any discussion pertaining to the tournament itself, Emma's involvement in it and even the qualifying matches can go in here.

Let's goooooooooo!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
She could definitely do with an extra day or two off next week. It's not like she needs the extra match at this point.
She will never risk missing Toronto. If her blisters are not ok, she will withdraw from DC and let them heal to Toronto. If they’re ok she will play in DC and then Toronto.
Except from blisters (which are not related to conditioning), her actual physical conditioning and fitness / stamina looks good now (i.e. no back / abdominal / hip issue, and played almost 3h in extreme heat)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I love it! 😀

But why hasn't Google UK created an emoji for Emma? 🤨
Leylah's sponsored by Google lol

Anyway, they are streaming the draw ceremony on FB :)

1 - 20 of 1079 Posts