Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, it's not too late to hit top 10 at age 26, Ai Sugiyama did it at age 27.
I'm sure she will be able to hit top 10 during the clay season. She does have a semifinal to defend in Indian Wells. Other than that, she has a lot of chances to build up her points for a ranking inside top 10.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Good luck to Dechy...finally after all these years... :)

Reactions: Missing_Hingis

·
Registered
600 Posts
Missing_Hingis said:
No, it's not too late to hit top 10 at age 26, Ai Sugiyama did it at age 27.
I'm sure she will be able to hit top 10 during the clay season. She does have a semifinal to defend in Indian Wells. Other than that, she has a lot of chances to build up her points for a ranking inside top 10.
I like her a lot but I'd rather wait and see what she is going to do at the Open Gaz de France and also I know that she does not like clay very much. Good results are very link to confidence and after the clay season I hope she will have still great confidence.
And the fact Kim and Justine will be back on the tour won't make things easier...

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
could be true, if she continues the way she's playing now!

·
Banned
322 Posts
wasn't there already a thread about this?

there's a pity big gap between 13 and 10 in the rankings and she is really going to have to continue great form to get there.

she has always been a player capable of big things but hasn't delivered fully so i'm not going to presume she will continue playing great based on tournament where she could have easily lost in R2 to mashona washington.

hope she does well though

·
Registered
600 Posts
Aretha Franklin said:
wasn't there already a thread about this?

there's a pity big gap between 13 and 10 in the rankings and she is really going to have to continue great form to get there.

she has always been a player capable of big things but hasn't delivered fully so i'm not going to presume she will continue playing great based on tournament where she could have easily lost in R2 to mashona washington.

hope she does well though
There has been already several posts stating that she could have lost to mashona...
She could she would etc...are so annoying those days...the fact is she won and you should get over that.
I did not see that match but what I can tell is that mashona did not find her picture on aussie newspapers in an article talking about doping...ONE day before her first round....So Nathalie told in numerous interviews that her first matchs were very bad and explained that even on the court she could not help but thinking about that doping problem.
It's easy to take just one result that suits your thoughts. Everybody can do that.

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
Her serve certainly won't hold her back. It might not be a weapon, but other players still can't really attack it. I think she can be in the top 10, especially if she plays like she did in Melbourne. She's a lot solid than a couple of players in the top 10 already. Maybe needs a bit more firepower?

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
who would have thought she would be a contender for Top 10 after losing early at Gold Coast?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.