Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
112,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17yr old Natalia beat CiCi Bellis 7-6 (9), 2-6, 6-1.
Big serve, beautiful girl! :bounce:

·
Registered
37,352 Posts
Definitely a lot of raw talent

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Nice to see someone other than me, Gerry or Phenom open a thread :lol:

Anyway, Natalia :eek: What a wig snatch :yeah:

·
Registered
112,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to see someone other than me, Gerry or Phenom open a thread :lol:

Anyway, Natalia :eek: What a wig snatch :yeah:
I dont really watch junior matches too often. But I knew Bellis had beaten Cibulkova, so I was glad to see Natalia show her what a big serve looks like :bounce:

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
An article about yesterday's match:

http://www.itftennis.com/news/184000.aspx

Top seed Bellis crashes out of the US Open

MATCH REPORT

If ever there was a day to show that reputations count for little in juniors, then that was Tuesday at the US Open as the top two seeds in the girls’ event were sent packing in the second round by two relatively unheralded players.

Top seed CiCi Bellis was taken out 76 26 61 by Natalia Vikhlyantseva of Russia in a stunning match while second seed and Wimbledon champion Jelena Ostapenko was dumped out 63 61 by Marie Bouzkova of the Czech Republic.

The 15-year-old Bellis was the talk of the town last week when she beat Australian runner-up Dominika Cibulkova in the first round of the women’s event.

But Vikhlyantseva, who averaged well over 100 miles per hour on her first serve and topped out at 114, never let her settle and as the intense heat kicked into both girls, held on to win in just over two hours.

The first set was an epic, with Bellis saving five set points before finally losing it 11-9. The American hit back well to take the second but in the decider, the Russian went for broke and it worked.

“In the third set, I just hit (out) on every point because I couldn’t walk,” she said. “Sometimes it’s great when you receive serve just to go for it.”

The majority of the packed crowd in Grandstand Court were pulling for Bellis but Vikhlyantseva said she had enjoyed the atmosphere.

“I liked it,” she said. “When I arrived to the court it was unbelievable, there were so many people. Of course they applauded more when Bellis came, but still, I don’t think it was all because she was playing.”

Well done, Natalia :yeah:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Nat fell to Greetje Minnen, 3 & 2, in the 3rd round :hug:

·
always getting what i want
17,713 Posts
Hope she can make a good run! :)

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
She got a lil pay thanks to her QF appearance.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

("it was good tournament for me,ITF 10000$ in Amelia Island,it was very hard 3 qualify matches,and I won more 2 rounds in main draw,so I loose in quaterfinal,not bad,ahahah,and get WTA points��������") :cheer:

Here is her Instagram: http://instagram.com/natyvik :)

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
I noticed at the top of the check it says Cliff Drysdale Management, Inc.. Is Natalia actually managed by Cliff Drysdale??
Well I dunno. :shrug: Probably then.

1 - 20 of 637 Posts