Tennis Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
She needs to stop all this extra shit and go back to playing and focusing on tennis. She won two GS and already is shooting a Netflix documentary??? Sorry, but Simona Halep has too and I find her story far more compelling than a Faux Japanese/American who won two hard court slams and never came close to even sniffing a clay or grass title.

Win a few more and then act like a star.

She actually hasn't even played great in months. AO 2019 is a long time ago in modern tennis.
I don't get it. Naomi will do what's best for her and I commend her for doing that!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why are people so butthurt about this documentary? It’s going to be a great way to publicize women’s tennis and it’s centred around Naomi’s journey to the Olympic Games, where she is going to be the biggest star. It’s not really a lifelong documentary but more focused on late 2019/this year and the big storylines (defending USO/AO, being No. 1, Olympic gold, slams, rivalry with Coco, etc). Also, looking at the current top ten, which player will attract the most general public attention (other than Serena)...I rest my case. I think it’ll be a very interesting docu and will bring lots of exposure to the WTA!

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
Why are people so butthurt about this documentary? It’s going to be a great way to publicize women’s tennis and it’s centred around Naomi’s journey to the Olympic Games, where she is going to be the biggest star. It’s not really a lifelong documentary but more focused on late 2019/this year and the big storylines (defending USO/AO, being No. 1, Olympic gold, slams, rivalry with Coco, etc). Also, looking at the current top ten, which player will attract the most general public attention (other than Serena)...I rest my case. I think it’ll be a very interesting docu and will bring lots of exposure to the WTA!
They will also shed some light about her multi-cultural background which is great. I also think that is one of the big reasons she is so attractive worldwide.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Also, looking at the current top ten, which player will attract the most general public attention (other than Serena)
That is the point. People who support Serena believe they are the only ones deserving of a documentary, they are the only ones receiving racist abuse

This week an African-American man (Jon Miller) made news by coming out and saying that a Korean man winning an Oscar and accpeting a speech in Korean was the "destruction of America" which puts into perspective about the American mentality

Making Asian voices feel small and insignificant is in the American system.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I honestly don't understand how Naomi can get this much PR and attention compared to a lot of other players with the same on court succes. Her personality is very shy and guarded, which is fine, but I just fail to see how that makes her interesting in the eyes of brands, tv-shows etc.
A- there’s no one else doing what’s she’s doing at her age on tour right now
B- Her personality is endearing and there’s a reason she already has over a million followers across social media ....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
B- Her personality is endearing and there’s a reason she already has over a million followers across social media ....
She's got 1 more title than Bianca Andreescu and is 3 years older... A player who has exploded on social media, and has an endearing personality also...

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
She's got 1 more title than Bianca Andreescu and is 3 years older... A player who has exploded on social media, and has an endearing personality also...
The market is big enough, she can go ahead and get her share, and maybe a reality TV show. The drama will be epic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wait Andreescu won back to back slams and got to #1 in the world? How did I miss this??

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes, "1 more title", as if there isn't a major and substantial difference between having 1 Slam title and having 2. We also ain't been seeing her on court too... she's played only 8 tournaments in the past year.

That physio table must be really comfortable since she seems to reside there.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Lol...no.

But none
Yes, "1 more title", as if there isn't a major and substantial difference between having 1 Slam title and having 2. We also ain't been seeing her on court too... she's played only 8 tournaments in the past year.

That physio table must be really comfortable since she seems to reside there.
This is just a nasty reply. You can always do better.

·
Premium Member
19,643 Posts
I mean..these are the same people who ask how Billie Eilish ended up with 5 Grammys lmao. You can't predict what the young kids want these days.
Billie Ellish winning five grammy's is a travesty but the Grammy's have become a joke these days so..it's whatever.

In regards to Naomi, I fear she can't handle the pressure of being an elite player. It's one thing to play freely without the weight of the world on your shoulders. The difficult part becomes when everyone expects you to win.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Money is important i understand and she must have got millions for it but i hope she is focusing on her game side by side and not just all this stuff

41 - 53 of 53 Posts