Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
Nole Djokovic, Queen Serena, Slayer Halep, Sweet Alcaraz, Spicy Ons, Dominatrix Swiatek, Lady Aryna,
389 Posts
Osaka three months ago: I promise you guys, I will try harder on clay and play a full clay court season.

Osaka during the clay court season: this one match that I lost in one hour has left me emotionally and physically drained, see y’all in Cincinnati.
Well, we're not pass the grass season yet... But not trilled with wimby banning some of my faves guys and girls over absurd political reasons😡

·
Registered
Nole Djokovic, Queen Serena, Slayer Halep, Sweet Alcaraz, Spicy Ons, Dominatrix Swiatek, Lady Aryna,
389 Posts
Players withdrawing after draw made should get a ban from next tournament of the equivalent level

just messes it up for a lot of players
Including Iga who withdrew from Madrid at the last minute? She should be banned from entering Rome, right? Should it also applies on men's side too i guess

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
I believe Naomi is genuinely injured. It’s a shame she didn’t withdraw before the draw was made though. Hopefully she’ll be fine for the FO and the draw Gods will be kinder.

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
Meanwhile Gail is about to play her 3rd match on clay this year (in Sarasota).

Whacky times when Granny Gail is more active on clay than our 4 time GS champ.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Meanwhile Gail is about to play her 3rd match on clay this year (in Sarasota).

Whacky times when Granny Gail is more active on clay than our 4 time GS champ.
It's not her fault that Osaka got injured so easily. When she will not take good care of her body and be careful then she will be as fit as Gail , when she is in her 80 ts too.

·
Registered
59,337 Posts
The same achilles injury she suffered in 2020 Us Open? At the time i've seen her thigh was heavilly taped, so in another words, it's similar injury she suffered in 2020, albeit it's happened during RG, instead during NA HC swing... Not sure if Naomi has a dark sense of humor...
yeah, well, she won't read my post anyway .. :dunno:
and what I write in a forum doesn't have to be all black or white , I like nuance :)

I'm aware it can hurt some people who take things too literally but I don't mind :p

·
Registered
🦀 Che cazzo 🩰
2,245 Posts
Not nearly as bad as a seed withdrawing though... imagine Iga withdrawing, and then a LL gets a BYE in R1, and the best draw possible from R2 onwards... we had this in the US tournaments few times, where suddenly some LL's where very far in the main draw because they only had to face other qualifiers and got BYE's in R1.
We had this in Madrid, with Iga.

·
Registered
389 Posts
To be fair, this is not the first Naomi got injured. She suffered achilles injury during the lead up to 2020 Us Open, albeit it's on her right thigh, at the time, she almost lose to Vika in the final, 2020 is funny enough the year where RG was moved from its May slot to Aug, just after the final of Flushing Meadows, at that time it angers alot of players, both in the men's and the women's tennis. Even ATP and WTA are angry at RG's unilateral decision, now Wimbledon does unilateral move as well, again alot of players are angry, ATP and WTA are angry too, won't be shocked if ATP and WTA took ranking points off Wimbledon, which is a major that still like a month away? And turn it into "exibition event" basically, as exibition events does not have ranking points

·
Registered
389 Posts
Naomi cannot face another session of Sorribes Torment on clay. It's like being stretched on the rack!
She withdrew not because of afraid facing SST, it's because she's injured. Left achilles this time. Similar injury she suffered two years ago, albeit at that time was on her right thigh, instead of her left leg

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think she is gonna at least try to have a look at the draw. Both her and SST should be seeded in RG, so she won't need to worry about drawing her.
No, Naomi wont be seeded at RG, but SST could be seeded, but it's a long shot. She needs a deep run in Rome in order to have a chance to be seeded at RG, though. Doubt both players will get easy draw though, seeded or not

·
Registered
389 Posts
If Naomi is smart she asks for a wildcard in Strassbourg or Rabat but she probably will not :(
Funny enough Rabat is the only tournament Sakkari has won so far, albeit 3 yrs ago

·
Registered
389 Posts
And people wonder why the prize money isn't equal
It happens for so many years ago, the prize money gap between the men's (ATP) and the women's (WTA) side has improved somewhat, the gap would have bigger had not do to BJK not winning the in famous battle of the sex match, which she won in straight sets. So the prize money issues is not new, it happens long before the open era

101 - 120 of 125 Posts