Tennis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Art & Futures
26,744 Posts
she needs to play more tennis imo to have less chance of injury from these kinds of situations

anyways Osaka to me clearly has some passion for tennis but maybe is not passionate about a lot of the other things that come with it other than the $. Maybe her brain+body is really starting to specialize around hard courts subconsciously so maybe we just all fully accept that for now so we can be pleasantly surprised if she ever does anything on a natural, especially clay.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Look man....Naomi's "clay season" will always be Madrid (which plays a lot like a HC) and RG (a Slam). Anything else from Naomi and her team is just verbal diarrhea.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'm not surprised Naomi withdrew from this. She has a niggling injury and Sorribes Tormo is a nightmare for her on this surface.

Reactions: Aganim

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It is clear that Naomi will play RG because she was told/nudged to after last year's fiasco, but she is taking the whole clay season as a burden and will probably be in her sulky/aloof mode in Paris...it's almost as she is trying to justify to herself that any eventual loss will be due to her not caring or putting maximum effort...

·
Registered
59,381 Posts
sorry , I'm going to be bitchy:
is it a fake injury Naomi has so that she can withdraw from Rome with a disguised excuse? (we know she can't be arsed enough to play on clay , despite watching videos of Nadal that won't help her )
lol my quote from last week when she was playing SST in Madrid :oh:

of course , it can be a legit injury , but I like being bitchy now and then

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
lol my bitchy quote from last week when she was playing SST in Madrid :oh:
Yea that's probably it, with the addition that she was waiting to check the draw first to see if there is maybe an opportunity for her to get a few wins, but after she saw it's SST she was like to use her "joker" (the injury she apparently had received during the Potapova match that was very one-sided and easy for her).

·
Registered
Nole Djokovic, Queen Serena, Slayer Halep, Sweet Alcaraz, Spicy Ons, Dominatrix Swiatek, Lady Aryna,
389 Posts
Not surprising, given that she has a heavilly taped left leg, as far as i know it was an achilles injury again. Now her participation at RG is truly now a doubt. She is now race against time to be fit for RG, where she'll unseeded, considering seeded or not does not make much difference aside maybe getting better draws? Oh, by the way, she has suffered achilles injury before, like in 2020, where RG was moved after the USO, essenssially in part of the year where there SHOULD BE NO clay court events. Now she is replaced by a Lucky loser in form of Spain's Nuria Parrizaz Diaz, the oldest Spanish woman in top 100

·
Registered
Nole Djokovic, Queen Serena, Slayer Halep, Sweet Alcaraz, Spicy Ons, Dominatrix Swiatek, Lady Aryna,
389 Posts
lol my quote from last week when she was playing SST in Madrid :oh:

of course , it can be a legit injury , but I like being bitchy now and then
The same achilles injury she suffered in 2020 Us Open? At the time i've seen her thigh was heavilly taped, so in another words, it's similar injury she suffered in 2020, albeit it's happened during RG, instead during NA HC swing... Not sure if Naomi has a dark sense of humor...

·
Registered
389 Posts
An Achillies injury or potential injury is very dangerous. Potential career ending if it actually tears. She has to be very careful.
Exactly. Better take some precaution and withdrew, otherwise if she plays with that kind of injury, she could make the injury even worse... Last year similar muscle injury nearly end Simona Halep's tennis career

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ohh nooo
What happened?
is Naomi Osaka injured?
Yep, she suffered an achilles injury. Similar injury she suffered two years ago, where she withdrew from RG, (at the time her thigh was heavilly taped), at the time where the clay slam was moved after the US Open final, in part of tennis calendar, where there shouldn't be any major clay court events, aside from ITF and challenger events, that is

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah, but hers due to lower back injury, so completely different kind of injury, unlike the achilles injury Naomi suffered, who will took Naomi a few tournaments to get match sharpness again, Clara's will likely months and months, possibly put her grass season in doubt. Wont be surprised if she won't be back on tour until NA HC swing... Get well soon ladies!

81 - 100 of 125 Posts