Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,015 Posts
SST scaring her out of the draw :rofl::worship: Showing why she's a signature girl !

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
You generally don't get over achilles injuries within the space of a week and they need to be treated very delicately, so I'm not surprised Osaka pulled out.

I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't 100% fit at RG either.
It would also give her the excuse she's looking for to withdraw from RG and Wimbledon. I'm not saying she doesn't have an injury but I just take everything she says with a healthy pinch of scepticism.

·
Premium Member
53,728 Posts
Players withdrawing after draw made should get a ban from next tournament of the equivalent level

just messes it up for a lot of players
Sometimes players want to hope an injury can heal enough between when it happened and next event they committed to hope it heals in time.

I am going back 20 years here but I remember in 2002 Serena withdrew from Sydney when she got a bad sprain against Shaugnessy I think it was and never withdrew from AO until after draw was made and I think was day before she was due to play as from memory was hoping the injury would heal enough in that time to play but in the end withdrew from AO.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
41,205 Posts
She had 0% chance against SST here, maybe better chances on grass?
Sara can play pretty well on grass. Her game is quite suited to playing on grass, as she has a good net game and a very decent slice. The grass gives her serve a little bit of help as well. She has wins over Konjuh, Kanepi, Kostyuk, Rogers, Bouzkova and Badosa (twice) on that surface.

The two have played on grass before. Naomi won in a competitive match 63 76 but Sara has improved since then and she seems to have gotten into Naomi's head a bit. I'd make Sara v Naomi on grass around 50/50. Would be a fun match. :)

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,015 Posts
TAUSON also withdrew from Strasbourg. And BRENGLE ironically.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No comment!
2017. .22w-22l...#64 (12.31)
2018...41w-21l...#4
2019...40w-13l...#3
2020...16w-4l.....#9
2021...18w-8l.....#3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow
2022...12w-5l.....#36 (Madrid)

·
Registered
15,950 Posts
Her ankle was taped in any case, not need for another pushing match she is likely to lose. Hopefully Guy doesn't WhatsApp Muresmo so that she draws SST again in RG, even Belinda/Iga will be better. That will the final straw.

Still getting the haters to seethe and keeping TF's pulse ticking.

Reactions: Perun and comotMN

·
Registered
420 Posts
A few difference Iga played almost everywhere in 2022 and reached the SF and won 4 tournaments. Expect Dubai. If you said this the same situation you are stupid or you're simply malicious. Or both.
So a player is only allowed to withdraw injured if they win the previous tournament? Or would a final/semi final be enough for you?

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Naomi too scared to play Emma in Round 2! 😮
There is no way she was eyeing round 2 with SST right there in round 1 for her to handle.

This could be a genuine injury but I think the prospect of facing SST made her withdraw.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts