Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 125 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,229 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Both of the players who withdrew got their asses kicked by the very same opponents the previous tournament. Coincidence or not? You be the judge.

All I will say on the matter is that I hope Clara draws Marta again at Roland Garros and I hope Naomi draws Sara there as well.
Golubic at least showed up. But judging by the score should have withdrawn as well.

·
Registered
119,393 Posts
The Osaka story continues. At one time, like 15 months ago, it looked like she could win 10 majors. Then she announced about a year ago she isnt doing interviews
I thought Barty might win a lot of majors, and she just left
Shows how special Serena, Nole, Rafa, Roger are, since they werent playing for the money after a few years. They just wanted to max out and be the best they could be, which takes decades of hard work

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
I think she is gonna at least try to have a look at the draw. Both her and SST should be seeded in RG, so she won't need to worry about drawing her.
Naomi is number 38 in the world so 6 players above her need her to withdraw to be seeded.
And players under can go up this week.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
If Naomi is smart she asks for a wildcard in Strassbourg or Rabat but she probably will not :(
Please... you don't believe it, do you? :D

• Haha
Reactions: *Jool* and irma

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,229 Posts
I think she is gonna at least try to have a look at the draw. Both her and SST should be seeded in RG, so she won't need to worry about drawing her.
Naomi will almost certainly NOT be seeded at Roland Garros. She will be ranked no better than 38 at the time the draw is made and I don't see six withdrawals coming from the top 37.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Barbora Krejcikova 3
Elise Mertens 28
Elina Svitolina 29
Petra Kvitova 30
Marketa Vondrousova 32

Are currently injured/not playing, few more might get injured in Rome (usually a lot more injuries happen in Rome due to the long rallies and slow courts). So there is a small chance Osaka would be seeded, but it's unlikely especially considering there are many players just few spots behind her and still in Rome.

I think SST has a chance to get seeded though if she wins some matches in Rome. Maybe Osaka shouldn't even attempt RG if she can't get a seed, she would look even more ridiculous if she draws a hard opponent in R1 and withdraws once again before the match...

21 - 40 of 125 Posts