Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still the achilles heel? Why so late?
Pretty sure the withdrawal has to do with the draw she received. She isn't gonna want to play SST again after being destroyed by her 3-6 1-6 in Madrid on the fastest clay courts ever. In Rome, it could be that she isn't gonna win a single game against SST, because her serve will be nullified even more by the slower conditions and heavier balls.

Giorgi tried to beat SST in Rome last year, took her 4 hours and she still lost in the end. No way Osaka would be willing to go through that.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Seeing how the official tournament Instagram was just posting about her practicing 2 hours ago, I agree with the injury comments, and on top of that add an SST match and you have a recipe for aggravating an injury. While she did receive a drubbing from Sara, I think Naomi is genuinely trying to be better on the natural surfaces so it's a shame to see her pull out of Rome even if I had minimum expectations to say the least.

·
Registered
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Tauson got destroyed by Kostyuk in Madrid. Withdraws from Rome...
Osaka got destroyed by SST in Madrid. Withdraws from Rome...

See the similarity? I'm starting to question the legitimacy of the injuries... especially since they withdrew AFTER the draw was made and not before.
Not just that… I’m starting to question the fighting spirit of these girls.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Naomi too scared to play Emma in Round 2! 😮
Could you please stop trying to make every thread about Emma? Thank you.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts