Tennis Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
This will not work well..Fissette and Osakas father..that will be horrible..even because Fissette always bring his own team ...
Bullshit.

Fissette was with Vika when she added Bajin to her team.

There were no complaints from Fissette's partner or partners in the team — on the contrary, Fissette was eager to learn what Serena secrets Bajin was going to bring on board, lessons that were no doubt useful and latter passed on to Kerber at Wimbledon. I suspect that's what attracted Naomi to Fissette as well: always the Serena angle, she either wants someone who worked with Serena a lot or someone who knows how to beat Serena a lot. And there aren't many choices other than Fissette.

·
Registered
82,861 Posts

·
Registered
28,617 Posts
I believe he's a good coach but this constant player hopping would be totally off-putting for me. I wonder how that's going to work out between these two, maybe they're a good fit?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I suspect that's what attracted Naomi to Fissette as well: always the Serena angle, she either wants someone who worked with Serena a lot or someone who knows how to beat Serena a lot. And there aren't many choices other than Fissette.
I think it's far likelier that she never faces Serena again than she faces Serena 3+ times again.

Hiring one of the more consistent elite coaches whose success has panned out with a number of players, and one who doesn't have the glory-hunting/self-promotion instinct, seems a good choice on its own merit.

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
WTA news:

Naomi Osaka's management confirms she is now working with coach Wim Fissette, who has led several WTA players to big successes in recent years.

Fissette was introduced privately to Osaka's sponsors at her partner retreat at the Riviera Club in Los Angeles last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
WTA news:

Naomi Osaka's management confirms she is now working with coach Wim Fissette, who has led several WTA players to big successes in recent years.

Fissette was introduced privately to Osaka's sponsors at her partner retreat at the Riviera Club in Los Angeles last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another mystery solved by IG follow. We've been knew.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very ambitious girl. Now we know

21 - 38 of 38 Posts