·
Registered
87,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Re: Naomi: Last moths the worst of my life

She's kind of a moody personality, not necessarily her best trait. She says stuff like this all the time, but if venting a bit somehow helps her, why not?

·
Registered
87,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your dream come true, you are two time slam champ and you call the time after the worst of your life??? Please...

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Rather melodramatic statement for a “fresh” champion to make. The break with Bajin seems to be the line of demarcation.

There’s no doubt that her equilibrium has been off.

If she continues to exhibit this tendency to go into prolonged funky moods, there might not be many (or any) more major championships in her future.

But she’s still really a kid. Kids are supposed to be a bit dramatic, from time to time.

One big run of fine form and the “worst” will be over.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Saraya, it's been said before but you're really one of the most toxic posters on TF, in a crowded field.

How about posting Osaka's entire statement rather than taking one line out of it in an attempt to make her sound like a drama queen?

There's nothing melodramatic about this, just honest reflection.

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Somehow she is insinuating that firing Sascha was a bad idea.:eek:h: She said that she hasn't had fun playing tennis since Australia and that she put too much weight on her results instead of learning from them which she "normally" do. If Sascha was still her coach, I believe he would have coached her properly mentally especially to be a slam winner. Nevertheless, hopefully she can only go up from here. :shrug: All the best Naomi!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I would advise her, to keep those tings secret. She says, she has people around her, she can trust. She should share those thoughts with them. The Internet, Social media, is a tempting tool to get your thoughts out to someone right when you need it. But it also leaves you without protection.

I stick to it, Social Media is the burden of our time and I hope, one day, people will reflect and come to the conclusion, who those people are, that are really important. Keep your life private and give the fans, what they need to know. You don't need them to explain your results and your feelings. That's your life, and nobody has the right to judge you. Don't give them opportunities to judge you.

·
Saraya, it's been said before but you're really one of the most toxic posters on TF, in a crowded field.

How about posting Osaka's entire statement rather than taking one line out of it in an attempt to make her sound like a drama queen?

Saraya is a Serena stan, and they are utterly vile towards Naomi. I wouldn't be surprised if the abuse she gets from Serena fans online has contributed to her not enjoying tennis that much these days.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
That's why I was one of the few that didnt hop on that bandwagon. She is mentally fragile. Very talented but her mental fortitude is lacking.

·
Registered
18,840 Posts
Rather melodramatic statement for a “fresh” champion to make. The break with Bajin seems to be the line of demarcation.

There’s no doubt that her equilibrium has been off.

If she continues to exhibit this tendency to go into prolonged funky moods, there might not be many (or any) more major championships in her future.

But she’s still really a kid. Kids are supposed to be a bit dramatic, from time to time.

One big run of fine form and the “worst” will be over.
I wish there was more to this Tweet. We can assume what she means, but we all, regardless of age, like to say things like this from time to time so it could mean absolutely nothing. Especially considering her personality is pretty dramatic from what we've seen.

I hope that she'll have a long career that she can be proud of, but I also hope that she'll gain a bit more perspective and maturity.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Well Tsitsipas said he locked himself up in his room for 3 days after his Wimbledon R1 loss. So much drama and pressure put on these young shoulders. She reflects once in a while after going through a rough patch, whatever makes her happy.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I thought she was quite miserable in Australia :shrug: She had said it a few times earlier this year no? :shrug:

·
Registered
87,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

You are not able to read the tweet from Lucia Hoff? It was from TODAY and she said it TODAY..also in german in media..what is your problem with talking about that here?

https://www.tennismagazin.de/news/naomi-osaka-die-schlimmsten-monate-meines-lebens/
:shrug:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts