·
Registered
33,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Naomi Osaka bothered by question about US Open final vs Serena Williams
AUGUST 16, 2019 20:40
by LUIGI GATTO | VIEW 15235

Home Tennis News Serena Williams

In a press conference, Naomi Osaka was asked if he ever re-watched her last year's US Open final win over Serena Williams. The Japanese player was not happy at the reporter's question. "Can you say, like, one noncontroversial question?", Osaka said.

"I saw you trying to put your hand up a couple of times. I thought you were going to say something nice." Has Osaka ever watched an interview of herself? "I tried a couple of times. But there is either, like, the squeaky-squeaker comes out or I just sound like I'm dying.

Honestly, like, I can't handle it. I have to apologize to everyone." On her dad attending her match, Osaka concluded: "It's so funny. I didn't know that he was going to be here. Like, I kept FaceTiming him.

I was doing the training block in LA before Toronto. He said he was going to skip Toronto and come to Cincy. I was, like, Okay. That's cool. You're abandoning me or whatever. You know, I played my first match. He wasn't there.

And I was FaceTiming him. I was, like, Yo, the tournament started. When are you coming? He was, like, I'm coming on Wednesday. You know, Wednesday was yesterday. He never picked up any of my FaceTimes after that. And then I just randomly heard his voice during the third set.

I'm, like, No way. Because anyone that knows my dad knows that he doesn't sit in my box. Like, it's just a thing. I think he gets too nervous so he'd rather pace around. So, yeah, it was very -- I felt like I was a kid again.

Then after the match when I saw him, I just started crying. He was, like, What's wrong with you? I'm, like, Yo. I just was emotional."
Told you haters that these young black girls don't want to hear your bullshyt about Serena Williams. They love and respect her and knows exactly what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Isn't the media suppose to record what they had been asking before and supposedly not necessary to record the same thing again?:scratch: If I were Naomi, I will just ask the media to re-watch the interview last year.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
I think this is just bad Journalism from many of the Journos trying to pit Naomi against Serena. Both Women have moved on from it. Why can't these Journos?
Most journos are pretty dumb & pushy, maybe that's why.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
She loves, respects serena and i am sure serena & naomi must have talked in private after us open win. They are fine. She recently said serena is like her tennis mom lol. She loves her. And frankly i will be more than happy if she has half of the career serena has...

·
Registered
87,390 Posts
Naomi bothered by everything :zzz:

Reactions: danieln1

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Naomi bothered by everything :zzz:
Yes she is bothered that they try to pit her against idol and she rightfully put the reporter in place. She respects her idol very much and they are on good terms. Trying to pit 2 female athletes against each other especially women of colour is media's cheap play and she is not going to fall for it. She knows the level of hate serena gets, and she has started getting it too now by many people whenever she loses....She understands that and respect serena very much and understand how much it was hard for serena to reach this place!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Early on I was worried that Naomi was naive with tennis journalists who cannot be trusted under any circumstances. But that is not the case at all. Naomi is very perceptive and knows exactly what she’s dealing with.

Ironically she learned a lot of this by seeing how Serena is/was treated and covered by these same journalists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
of course they were trying to milk an incident of this magnitude at the same place one year ago, what ya expect of fucking journos?? :lol:
mature reaction by naomi tho, wd.

·
Registered
611 Posts
First of all, there's nothing inherently controversial about asking someone if they rewatched the match where they won their very first slam by dominating their icon. There was nothing even suggestive about his question, either. I suspect she is already gearing up for barrage of actually stupid questions she will be receiving at the USO.

·
Premium Member
44,069 Posts
Naomi should start to avoid the word "like" in each sentence she makes. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts