Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two pictures (although distant) of Nancy Loeffler Caro in her qualifying match vs. Svetlana Krivencheva.

Nancy lost 6-0 6-0 and wasn't playing all too well. Her backhand just wasn't there for her ;) But its the effort that counts, which is what I stressed to her and she replied "Well, I just keep trying". I spoke to her after the match and I told her how she has many fans and how she is an inspiration to us all. She smiled and gave the remark I mentioned above. She wasn't able to play doubles as she couldn't find a partner! But in Nancy-style, the day after she lost, I saw her practicing her serve with her husband on the practice courts, and about to play with Maureen Drake (what a good will gesture by Maureen, who later got thrashed by Jill Craybas)

Attachments

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
That's not what I imagined she'd look like. I had her pegged as a petite, slightly-wrinkly-looking brunette. With a headband. She's a lefty too - always good for getting your opponents shaking in their boots before the match begins ;)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
you seriously think shes semi-decent danker :eek:?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts