Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ridiculous stuff from Elena this week. This time she dethrones Shuai, who has won here twice before! :) She was struggling with the heat and physically throughout and yet she toughed out three three Setters and a tight two set win here in Nanchang. Shows a lot of determination and fighting spirit. :yeah:
Good week for Shuai as well! Has a lot of points to defend in the coming months.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Lena, one of my favourite players to watch by a mile.

Weapons everywhere you look, her technique and length.

Apart from the odd understandable snap , still young. Great temperament, so calm and composed generally, this is helped by the fact her serve is so good, can dig herself out of holes/0-30 games.

Base game is to die for, effortless. Tall players usually are not that aesthetically pleasing to watch but Lena is...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Chuffed for Lena. Maybe just the pessimistic side of me, but I was sure that Peng was going to find that first break in the decider and then see it out. I agree, great player to watch. Hopefully she can win her second WTA title tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Congrats another tour final for Lena :cheer: :hearts: :inlove:
far better than previous 3 matches, totally entertaining performance

Peng had her chances in the 3rd set, but missed the easy volley for a break and the tide turned
she could only hit very soft serves in last game, maybe pain somewhere? :hug:

·
Registered
13,282 Posts
First match I watched (almost) in full from Rybakina, before that only single games.

She has a very good game, her controlled agression is impressive and her game is quite effortles. She picks the rights to accelerate the ball.

Today she was not willing to engage in moonball rallies with Peng cutting it short with flattening the ball right after or coming forward for swing voleys, good stuff.

Peng is sooo slow, I am surprised she has made that far in this draw.

Reactions: danieln1

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Really interresting Lena is winning in playing not her best tennis this week !

Love her, please beat Peterson !

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
Kween :yeah: :D :)

Should win her 2nd title tomorrow! :bounce:

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
I’m still firmly on the Rybakina bandwagon. Such effortless power, so great to watch.

Still a good week for Shuai though.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts

WTA mistaked Rybakina with Rybarikova lol. Their surnames are too similar for them I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts