Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mods:

Would it be a good idea to keep a reference thread that lists old name / new name, for the name changes? Reason I ask is people change their names,and the new person seems kinda familiar, but I'm not sure who they used to be. :confused:

It would help with the mental correlations.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In fact, I had the similar problem lately.

Great offer, drake3781! :yeah: I hope it will be evaluated and accepted in the end. :)

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Can you all see user notes? Click on "Public profile" and look on the left-hand side (I put one in Drake's record as a test).

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
i don't think member's can see user notes, griff, it's for admins only so we can see which admin has a crush on which member...

btw, nice input, drake, but we'd rather have you come up with ideas that lower our workload in stead of increasing it ;)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
carot said:
btw, nice input, drake, but we'd rather have you come up with ideas that lower our workload in stead of increasing it ;)
EZ way to do it, without any more work 4U. If the Admin who does it quotes the original post requesting the name change first, you create a "record" here of the previous name.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
carot said:
i don't think member's can see user notes, griff, it's for admins only so we can see which admin has a crush on which member...

I wasn't sure, you over-toasted parsnip, that's why I was asking :p

(good thing, too, I'd have to go back and edit a few :devil: )

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
*JR* said:
EZ way to do it, without any more work 4U. If the Admin who does it quotes the original post requesting the name change first, you create a "record" here of the previous name.

Easier for the admins, true, but I imagine it would be a bit of a challenge for posters to make use of that system unless the name chage was recent.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
aaronic said:
And what does mine say? :angel:
lisa wubs you and you have a stalker who'd prefer to stay anonymous :cool:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
griffin said:
Easier for the admins, true, but I imagine it would be a bit of a challenge for posters to make use of that system unless the name change was recent.
I guess on a "one shot basis", a Mod or Admin (make Kart do it as the rookie on the team) :p could compile the past changes and just group individual posters' different user names together in a long post under announcements (or as a sticky for awhile in NT).

BTW (Creep and certain other ppl) :devil: only official name changes would be included. :nerner:

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just thinking of a thread that's here in this forum, but only Mods can write into. And when you do the name change, you post the old/new. It doesn't have any extra text or smilies or note or anything. Nothing fancy.

Thanks for discussing! :wavey:

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
drake3781 said:
I was just thinking of a thread that's here in this forum, but only Mods can write into. And when you do the name change, you post the old/new. It doesn't have any extra text or smilies or note or anything. Nothing fancy.

Thanks for discussing! :wavey:
Still hoping for a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on doing this. The idea above should be simple, no?

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
I'm not a programmer but I wouldn't be surprised if Wtn_Amanda or Poe could program a feature where if username is changed the old username is automatically inserted in a visable field.....or maybe not. :D

Anyway, I want to know who has a crush on me cause I've got a crush on a few of my own. ;) :hearts: ;)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Rocketta said:
I'm not a programmer but I wouldn't be surprised if Wtn_Amanda or Poe could program a feature where if username is changed the old username is automatically inserted in a visable field.....or maybe not. :D
I think the thread starter had something more "low tech" in mind: a sequential list of name changes going back however long. It would just say things like:

Cariosity > Rokkstar > Carioke
Willow > Martian Willow > catherine

and so on. Though as I noted earlier, if the Admin doing one just quotes the "request post" first, that creates a "default archive" anyway. I doubt that Poe or Amanda has time to program anything like that. And we could have a "What were your former user names" thread in NT anyway, without even bothering them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts