Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
I was referring to linesmen actually... Call me naive but what proof can you have that some of them might be biased? I think they might be influenced if a player puts pressure on them or the crowd, but I doubt there are who would favor a player on purpose.
No, almost never on purpose, I am sure they try to be objective ( there are , of course, exceptions, when they are really biased, like infamous accident in Blake-Hewitt match ), any ref in any sport would try to be objective even if he has reasons to favor one of the teams. But there is a reason why they prefer to have neutral refs in sports. Because if, in your mind, you want a team or a player to win, it will affect your judgement, no question about it.

DA BACKHAND said:
Yes but then, it would be true for every tournement in the world, not just the U.S. Open.
Yep, for evry tournament in the world where local sportsmen are a big factor. The problem is, there is only one such big tournament - US Open. I must say that linesmen in my home tournament - Kremlin Cup - seemed pretty biased to me, but it is no big deal, because Kremlin Cup is no big deal, but US Open is..

Cybelle Darkholme said:
roddick sucks I hope ferrero beats him and the crowd and the linespeople into the dirt.
Me too. If he doesn't, I can rest knowing that at least the right woman won... I suppose I can't have everything turn out my way. But man... Roddick is digusting. Please Ferrero, save us.

DA BACKHAND said:
I was referring to linesmen actually... Call me naive but what proof can you have that some of them might be biased? I think they might be influenced if a player puts pressure on them or the crowd, but I doubt there are who would consciently want to favor a player.
I would have to think that most linesmen, are tennis fans. So I find it hard to believe that they dn't have favourites. And wether or not it's conscious doesn't matter - it's there.

Sam L said:
Oh don't be a sore loser, David. :rolleyes:
I'm sure he's pissed off and bitter, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a point. But if it makes you and others feel better to ignore it, go ahead ;)

D-love - why post the mentennisforum link if you are going to continue posting in this thread anyhow? Surely you can see that you've defeated the purpose.

Queen Rebecca said:
I'm sure he's pissed off and bitter, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a point. But if it makes you and others feel better to ignore it, go ahead ;)

D-love - why post the mentennisforum link if you are going to continue posting in this thread anyhow? Surely you can see that you've defeated the purpose.
to be a ****

then i couldnt help myself :devil:

I didn't know ATP players are such whiners. Something about Roddick bothers them a lot, and as he beats everyone of them, they have to justify it with some outside influence. It's never about Roddick's tennis beating them. I can't wait until I read what Ferrero's excuse will be tomorrow.

disliking roddick doesnt equate disliking american in general. the 'out' call by the crowd in the 3rd set tie break totally deserved a replay. usta was so obsviously trying to ensure an american winner in at least one of the singles categories, look at the way agassi or roddick always got to play first after the rain delay and also at the main stadium.
anyways, as someone above has said, i hope roddick loses tomorrow, he wasnt exactly the better player today. david nalbandian was, being the much better shot maker overall.

eta psi said:
I didn't know ATP players are such whiners. Something about Roddick bothers them a lot, and as he beats everyone of them, they have to justify it with some outside influence. It's never about Roddick's tennis beating them. I can't wait until I read what Ferrero's excuse will be tomorrow.
Will be similar to those used by Americans after losing in French Open I think.... who cares, he won't win tonight, well but he got number 1, his main target when first come here, after all nobody counted with a talentless claycourter reaching the final or even semis ;) ......

ys said:
At the same time, I would imagine that Americans would have had really hard time sympathising with a player who spends at least 5 monthes each year in English-speaking countries, and still talks this kind of English.
You should live in my area... People spend 12 months in and English speaking country (England) and don't know a word. Trying to tell the landlord that we swear we have a rat and we're gonna have to call the professionals and all of a sudden he doesn't know a word of English Lol.

CC said:
When you write
it goes like this instead of
straight across the page
like everyone else's. It
happens when
a few other people post too so
I was curious.
Yeah, good question. I was wondering about that too.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
decemberlove said:
croat has said several things that would make one believe he doesnt care for america too much
i just bash roddick and the usta, i have nothing against america, i have lived there almost all my life

Experimentee said:
What happened in the Nalbandian match? Did he get a bad call? I only saw the first two sets of that.

thats what i would like to know because I saw that call that someone in the audience called 'out' and one point does not make a match :rolleyes: Isn't that what most of you said with that Serena-Justine incident?? Did something else happen because if it didn't, that call did not cost david the match, unless thats all he concentrated on from then and didn't play his game- and if that occurred- whose fault is it really??

I find it hilarious how people start believing conspiracy theories all of a sudden-lol. I can't really say that i have liked 'American' tennis crowds that much because its all documented how they treat 2 of my favorite players but then again, its not ONLY American crowds that treat them like that...so i guess like everything else in this world, I just have to get used to it, when its venus & Serena (and i really hate to bring them up), they should just suck it up and get used to the fact that people don't like them...when its anyone else, its so unfair---whatever!

Go Andy Go---I'm actually rooting for dickhead- and there goes the reason i just ranted :D :devil:

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.