Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kind of late but I think this is definitely worth noting!!! Aiko's best win of her career I believe! Great job Aiko against a very talented player! :worship:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Aiko (#84) def. Pennetta (#24)

It's a great win for Aiko who had to play both of her Qualifying singles matches on Sunday. She's gotten a tough draw in this event - to have to play two matches on Sunday and another on Monday. Why couldn't they have scheduled her first round, main draw match for Tuesday? There are several first round matches scheduled for today (Tuesday). Maybe she didn't mind? Another good win was Rika Fujiwara (#103) over Antonella Serra Zanetti (#71) 6-0,6-2! That's a convincing victory for Rika.

Aiko Nakamura In Action At Acura July 30, 2005

·
Registered
49 Posts
pcrtennis said:
It's kind of late but I think this is definitely worth noting!!! Aiko's best win of her career I believe! Great job Aiko against a very talented player! :worship:
Have never heard of Nakamura. What is her game like? Does she have any chance against Raymond?

·
5,032 Posts
Go_Ruskies said:
Have never heard of Nakamura. What is her game like? Does she have any chance against Raymond?
She's tiny. She's just a baseliner. Not powerful but can hit winners off her forehand which is 2 handed. Don't think she'll reach Top 50.

Don't think she'll beat Raymond :)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I don't agree...she'll reach the top 50 for aure...she's aggressive and hits harder than you give her credit for...She's got a very solid serve (rare among the Japanese) moves well and is taller than Sugiyama...She's not that small....She's veyr much fun to watch and still very young!

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
pcrtennis said:
Oh I don't agree...she'll reach the top 50 for aure...she's aggressive and hits harder than you give her credit for...She's got a very solid serve (rare among the Japanese) moves well and is taller than Sugiyama...She's not that small....She's veyr much fun to watch and still very young!
I'm with you. Although, her serve is not that great. But top 50 for sure! And alot of fun to watch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts