Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread doesn't belong here but i bet this is affecting a lot yall. THere is a pop-up add called n-case... this pop-up ad installs a program onto ur computer and is like a program that gets ur information and uses it to send u e-mails and find stuff from your computer and give out information. This is really bothering me cuz everytime i get rid of this spy-program, i come back to this page and it is installed in my computer right away. Many of all might have this problem and can be removed w/ Spy-bot but when u come back and the pop-up pops up, it will return!!!! :mad: :mad:
i am not sure how to remove this completely or make it stop for sure. does anyone know how??? thanks

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'm not getting that pop-up even in ie. Netscape kills a lot of the pop ups right away, and is a lot better for viewing this site because of that.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yes, this is an annoying pop-up, but you can set your browser to not automatically download the programs. I use IE to view this site cause Netscape is shite and I got all the pop-ups but I don't allow them to install anything -- the box has to ask first and you can click "cancel".

The ad servers for this place are incredible, though, in their annoyance level. First it was the cheap tickets banner ad a few months ago, and now this, not to mention that stupid sports-betting pop-up :mad:

·
Registered
504 Posts
It doesnt help when i'm at work and secretly on the net and all these adverts pop out left, right and centre!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
That damn sports betting pop up is SUPER annoying. I can never get that thing to close, and it take forever load !!!! Who knows of a good pop up blocker???

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Admuncher.com

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
CapFan#1 said:
That damn sports betting pop up is SUPER annoying. I can never get that thing to close, and it take forever load !!!! Who knows of a good pop up blocker???
I HATE that popup.... I downloaded the admuncher though so hopefully I wont have to click out of it ever again!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
griffin said:
Admuncher.com
when i first read that, admuncher was not what i read :eek:

i used adsgone and have no problems with pop-ups
you can get it at download.com, but will need the crack eventually... which i have. so if you want it, lemme know.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
i just love the satisfying sound i get from google's toolbar knowing that another annoying pop-up has been blocked! ;)

admuncher.com is a 30 day trial program. www.toolbar.google.com is free.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
The gambling ad is coded as a link, not a pop-up, however, so I don't thing those tools would affect it. (Personally, I don't find the banners annoying because I have "script ActiveX controls" set to disable, so they don't "flash". In fact, the banners have some good stuff and I do click them). Don't disable either "download" or "run" ActiveX (labeled as safe) in IE or you'll get that annoying "page may not display correctly" box all the time.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
JollyRoger said:
The gambling ad is coded as a link, not a pop-up, however, so I don't thing those tools would affect it..
not true. the google toolbar kills them all. ;) i swear i don't have shares in the company...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Jolly Roger wrote:
Don't disable either "download" or "run" ActiveX (labeled as safe) in IE or you'll get that annoying "page may not display correctly" box all the time.
Isn't ActiveX IE-specific? I run Opera and have no problem with pages not displaying correctly, except in those cases where stupid page designers have created a JavaScript browser sniffer and don't include Opera as one of the options. MSN deliberately did this for a while, until Opera brought it to light and gave MS very bad publicity.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
stop the pop ups please!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts