Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice win of the 19-year old german :cool:. Would be great to see her (a young german) in the MD here :yeah:.

First win for her in a WTA-tournament :drool:.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Niemeier. Zaja, Hobgarski, Gerlach they only do well in Germany or rather can only win matches in Germany :facepalm:

If Kratzer can control her brainless ballbashing she can do well, but she's not trying to

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Kratzer could end up regretting going pro so young and not thinking about NCAA.

She's simply ok. Might end up with a 100-250 career like Kiick, Loeb, Muhammad etc.. But she has no tennis brain and her ball bashing isn't as good as the brainless who have made a top career like Giorgi.

On clay especially it just isn't going to cut it.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Niemeier. Zaja, Hobgarski, Gerlach they only do well in Germany or rather can only win matches in Germany :facepalm:

If Kratzer can control her brainless ballbashing she can do well, but she's not trying to

I would never compare players like Gerlach and Niemeier :D.

Niemeier is a very talented young german player and she is just 19 years old, who first wanted to finish her school leaving examination. After that examination she said, that she is now able to concentrate 100% on tennis. So she is "real" pro for less then a full year now.

Zaja was in MD of US Open in 2017.

Edit: Gerlach also has won today with an easy win over Pemra Özgen :D.

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
K.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Niemeier :yeah:

In my opinion she is Germany's biggest hope.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
I would never compare players like Gerlach and Niemeier :D.

Niemeier is a very talented young german player and she is just 19 years old, who first wanted to finish her school leaving examination. After that examination she said, that she is now able to concentrate 100% on tennis. So she is "real" pro for less then a full year now.

Zaja was in MD of US Open in 2017.

Edit: Gerlach also has won today with an easy win over Pemra Özgen :D.
All of them won today after a lot of first rounds in ITF loss. :lol:.
All of them are too inconsistent one good tournament than many bad ones.
Zaja also inconsistent lost to a doubles player in Charleston Aoyama.
Also none of them are any good outside of Clay more adaptation needed.
Though all of them are young still hope :smile2:

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Niemeier :yeah:

In my opinion she is Germany's biggest hope.
That's what I said when seeing her in Braunschweig last year. In her QF she showed some really nice ball striking abilities and then decided to outpush Greta Arn in the semis, which worked.

So I don't know, what is her real game. Suppose what I saw in the QF. And that's nice.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and she gets a walking bye in the FQR Aiava :lol:
She was good enough to beat Mladenovic and Minella in Brisbane :angel:.

First WTA-MD is still great for Niemeier.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Aiava has won only 1 match in her last 4 tournaments. Her only win was yesterday against some girl ranked in the 600s.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aiava has won only 1 match in her last 4 tournaments. Her only win was yesterday against some girl ranked in the 600s.
But her W-L record this year is still positiv and she reached 2nd round in Brisbane as a qualifier and MD of Charleston as well. I still would not call her a walking bye. But there are stronger opponents, thats right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts